cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T/lane duration Vs condition record in TRAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Per standard, when scheduling is called within ATP check framework, the system tries to find matching t/lane duration followed by conditon record for TRAN (standard transportation and shipment scheduling schema). ..help.sap.com

Q1 : What does the system pick if both are available - condition record as well as matching t/lane

Q2: Can the system use greater of the 2 values. e.g. duration from origin-destination condition record 40 days. duration in tlane-38 days. t/lanes already existing in the system (created previously or downloaded from elsewhere and saved in APO)

Q3: What can I do (if config) to not read the t/lane duration but only the condition record duration.)

Regards,

Loknath

Edited by: Loknath Rao on Jul 23, 2011 5:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath

The system tries to perform scheduling by trying to find the relevant data in this order: CPS, SNP master data, and finally, condition technique. It goes from one option to the next only if the prerequisites for the previous option are not met.

So if a matching Tlane is found, it does not look at condition technique. No standard way to use higher of two values.

If you use CPS, you can enforce using condition technique within CPS - What I suggest here is to create a condition table with a field that will always be filled and use that as the last table in the access sequence. For example, say you do ATP check on Sales Orders. Say that you know that Delivery Priority will always be populated with either 01 or 02. Then create a condition table with just Delivery Priority. Put this table last in the access sequence - other condition tables with actual duration determination parameters should be put before this 'dummy' table. Maintain the condition records for 01 and 02 delivery priority with zero duration.

Now if you do an ATP check, CPS condition technique will always be found. With the above method of 'dummy' condition tables, you will know that there was an error in scheduling if the duration is zero and if the scheduling log shows that the dummy access was used. You can then correct or maintain actual condition records.

Another option with CPS is to create your own scheduling schema (copy of SCHEDL or SCHEDL_SDD) and modify the duration determination logic, removing the configuration for Tlanes. Not sure if this will work, but you can try it out. In general though, I would not reccommend creating your own schemas with CPS due to complexity.

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi.

I get the jitters now. Sounds like a bit archaic design from SAP on this one. I would have expected some more interative controls from SAP on this important function.

Will try and set up as you adivsed

Thanks for the prompt response

Regards,

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

This pertains to the same topic so I continue with related question.

I see despite "corresponding" trans lanes existing in APO, condition record duraiton is always the one called no matter what the condition keys I use. What I fail to observe and drill down is, what keys in sales order is used to find T/lane. I would assume it is orgin-destination t/lane (plant - ship to) that is the "corresponding" t/lane. Does that fact that t/lane is always searched first (standard SAP), has any dependence on how granular the condition keys are for condition type TRAN.

I am working on a completely ZAPO system and couldnt conclude such (per help.com). Guidance appreciated

Regards,

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath

First try this - In the transportation lane, have a record in the Product-specific transportation lane.

If that doesnt work then try this - In customizing, maintain a mapping of shipping conditions to Means of Transport (The menu path is: mySAP SCM - Implementation Guide  Advanced Planning and Optimization  Global Available-to-Promise  Transportation & Shipment Scheduling  Interfaces  Define Assignment of Default Means of Transport to Shipping Conditions). Enter a record here for the shipping conditions coming through the sales order and the means of transport in the Tlane.

A word of advice - Whatever you test with Sales Orders for scheduling, also test with Backorder processing if you plan to use it.

Rishi Menon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opening this thread for a re-assurance post some testing based on suggested advice