cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error FRF-00028 - change password for DDIC not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem while I am installing SAP 4.7. In one step I must change password for DDIC-user. If I do this I get following error message:

FRF-00028 Function call raised a program-controlled exception CHANGE_NOT_ALLOWED.

Does anyone know what do to?

thanks

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mich,

Is it allowed to change password for SAP?.I think it is also not allowed to change the passwords DDIC and SAP .this problem occurs in IDES version I think you are using IDES version.accually this is the last step in istallation.so go ahead that's no effect.after we can get default passwords.

Regards,

Pulla Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pulla rao k,

Great,

I also encounter that issue,

and I quit installation at the last step which I get error message: "FRF-00028 Function call raised a program-controlled exception CHANGE_NOT_ALLOWED."

then I logon on R/3 successfully by SAP GUI using this default ID/Password: ddic/19920706,

I can also stop and restart R/3 instance normally,

So as you suggested, the error message has no effect, R/3 service can work normally.

hamendra_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Miceal ,

Pls don't change it . You can use default SAP password after installation .

Thanks

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my problem is, that I changed the password during the installtion process. The process abort at this step. If I'm going to continue the process I get always the same error. I can't change the password again. The process end's automatically with this error.

thanks

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got the solution to your problem we are also getting similar error when we try to install AS ABAP using NW2004S SR2 Dvd's and we are in a process of installing SEM 6.0 .

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nitinkumar Kalugade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Change the ddic 000 password atleast 5 times and keep the differnet password and sixth time initialise the password to default 19920706.

It solved our issue by doing like that..

Thanks and Best regards,

Nitinkumar Kalugade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If don't change, the installation process will abort, and I can't use any user to log in, as the colum of password is DEAD, Mean I canl't input any password into that colum.

Does anyone know what to do?

Please explain in plain language rather than IT language, As I am very new to sap configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

PS: I am doing installation 4.71 ides sap on win2003 server with oracle 9i, at the end of installation, it need change password for DDIC, and can't give any password, but showed error message.