cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No local engine installed configure the J2EE engine on remote installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed WAS 7.0 on my laptop and I am trying to deploy webdynpro application on it. The following are the issues i am facing:

1. On disconnecting from my network, I am not able to find the J2ee engine installed on localhost it gives me the error mentioned in the Subject. But when I connect to my network it finds the j2ee engine on localhost. I want to work offline without the network how do I do that ?

2. On changing the portal administrator password( on starting the portal first time it is asking me to change the password), the SDM password changes and I am not able to deploy webdynpro apps (which I was able to b4 changing the administrator pswd on portal), I am getting the error "SDM password incorrect" how should I resolve this?

The first issue is more critical as I need to work offline without connecting to network. Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just install Microsoft loopback adapter and assigned it a static ip, and enter that entry in the following file.

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and exclude ur first network entry in which u r connecting by putting #

Restart ur system.

It should work.

no idea about ur second problem.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash, this has solved the first issue, can you tell me how this adapter works to resolve this issue in brief ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Actually when u connect ur server from Gui then u specified a ip address of ur LAN. the microsoft loopback adapter is a virtual lan whick provide interface between Server and Frontend.It works on localsystem, i mean when ur system is not in the network or domain.

Hope t will help u

Thanks for the points

Regards

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the second issue when you change the admin password during runtime , it only get stored to the database but no to the filesyemtem SDM reads the password form secure store , to transfer the password to secure store you need to open the configtool.bat go to serversecure store>

admin/password/J2E change the password here to the new one you have assigned this should solve the problem ,now restart the SDM