cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

browsing application directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

i am looking for a transaction where i can browse the application directory of our SAP system. I know TX AL11. But i can't see all directories. If i use TX SM49 and use external command with find i can find other dircetory. Is there a TX for browsing to this directory or ist it not accesible?

thx,

W.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which additonal directories are you seeking?

In my opinion, the AL11 shows the directory contents which are useful from an SAP application perspective.

Logically, the Operating system would have many directories which do not have any relation to SAP application. So ideally the SAPGui would not be able to access these.

From a technical perspective, the directories visible in SAPGui would be the ones which are accessible by the SAP related OS users: <sid>adm and SAPServer<sid> (for windows). If the directories owned by say the 'root' user is also visible to SAP Application - it would be 'risky'

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for you reply. The directories which i want to access are OS directories. Is there a way to do that? Sure it is risky but is there a way to do that? Is there a transaction to browse them?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the SAP Gui access would be restricted to directories which are accessible by the <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> users. These are the only two users acting as interface between the SAP system and the Operating system. The extent of OS access will be restricted to the extent of these two users' access in the OS as well.

This would be the way the SAP Application should be designed from a security perspective. There would not be an SAP tcode which gives access to all the OS directories.

However, if you want to make this possible for a directory not in ..\usr\sap folder, give the specific directory access to users <sid>adm and SAPService<sid> and then define the directory in AL11. For more check this thread:

Regards,

Srikishan