cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Installation on SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BI 7.0 V6 in ERP 6.0 . But I also see BI 6.0 Installed in SAP Netweaver systems.

Kindly let me know the difference in installing BI in ERP rather than in SAP Netweaver system. Please let me know is there any problem installing it ?

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically Content wise there is no difference in ERP system or Netweaver system.

Basically BI System is OLAP Based System and will consume Huge Resource, If you have very less BI Usage you can go ahead with BI Content in ERP system ( Cost Effective).

But if you are planning for More Reports in BI system then it is recommended to go with Separate System as you can Get maximum Performance by tuning the System for OLAP. And as told BI will consume huge resources.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am totally agree with Sunny, If you are using BI installed with ERP system then performance will be very poor and DB will gets increased on one system.

Please use BI with NW.

Keep in mind if you have BI with ERP then you have to worry about SPs because its need to maintain SPs and patches.

Let me know if you still have question.

Regards,

Yogesh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We usually install BI system on netweaver. From BI functionality point of view there is no difference. But I always install it on netweaver system because netweaver system takes less resources as compare to ERP system.

Thanks

Sunny