cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing tax amount in shopping cart and PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SRM 4.0, extended classic scenario.

Under certain conditions I want to overide the tax amount calculated at the line item level while creating or changing a shopping cart or PO.

Can anybody tell me how should I go about achieving this requirement? My guess is that we need to implement a BADI. Which would be the right badi for this requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

Mick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

You can use BBP_TAX_MAP_BADI or BBP_DET_TAXCODE_BADI.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann,

My requirement is that, in the BADI I will be checking certain conditions like partner, location, etc. If the partner and location are in a particular combination, then I want to write the logic for calculating tax in the badi and then update the tables for tax with the calculated values.

Correct me if I am wrong but the BADI's you have suggested may not help in achieving the requirement.

Please help.

Regards,

Mick

0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI -

You can use the Business Add-Ins BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to make changes to the document, after user entry and before saving the document to the database.

BBP_DOC_SAVE -

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_DOC_SAVE to update own data and tables in the same Logical Unit of Work when saving a document to the database. This

These are generic BADI's use to manipulate any data entered by user. You might want to check these.

Regards,

Waheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Waheed.

Can I use these badis, even if the export parameters for these 2 badis do not have the tax amount?

Regards,

Mick

0 Kudos

Hi Mick,

I havent tried it myself for Tax Amount per se [have used it to change other parameters and some coding absolutely irrelevant to the PO process], but I dont see any reason why it shouldnt work for your case.

Regards,

Waheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waheed,

If you fire direct updates (PO or shopping cart change) or inserts (PO or shopping cart create) on table bbp_pdtax using bbp_doc_change_badi or bbp_doc_save_badi, you ight find that the results are unpredictable.

Try it out.

Thanks,

Mick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for all document types but regarding the tax field i dont see how is this possible...

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For PO you can try the BADI "BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI".

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for helpful asnwers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Disha. But isnt BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI for transfferig data to R/3?

The requirement is that when you create or change a PO or shopping cart in SRM, after the tax has been calculated and entered on the PO or shopping cart screen, after the user clicks the order button, based on certain conditions I want to change the tax amount. What badi should I use in this case?

Regards,

Mick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mick

At PO level cant we change the tax code manually so as to bring the price change effect.

At SC level once the SC is approved and follow on documents are created we cant make changes in SC .

remember once the Confirmation is done for all subsequent changes it is advisable to create anew line item inthe PO with new tax code.

regards,

NimishSheth

pls reward point for helpful answers