cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No inspection lot while doing MBST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

05 Inspection type is active in Materaial A. This Material A is issued to production order. I have configured for Inspection lot generation for 262 Movement type in QM SPRO.

When I do a reversal of goods issue to production order through MIGO 262 movement type , inspection gets created. But when I cancel document of 261 movement through MBST, system does not generate inspection lot !!

Please let me know if any setting has to be maintained for system to generate inspection lot for documents cancelled through MBST?

Please help.

Regards..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I think perhaps following would be the reason for this.

1. When you try to cancel 261 material document through MBST, undoubtedly system will carry out 262 movement.

2. When you try to carry out 262 manually (without using MBST) you have the option to change storage location for this goods receipt. As per control for lot creation lot gets created per storage location and material document.

3. On the contrary when you cancel it through MBST, system tries to nullify the effect by posting the materialu2019s stock to the same location (same stock type) from where initially it was issued. Since it is generally issued through unrestricted stock type, system is posting the stock to unrestricted stock through MBST.

4. Also the same material document (generated through MBST) may involve different movement types like 102, 532 if backflush is active.

5. Hence MBST supersedes inspection type control.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Jul 25, 2011 5:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for me replying so late. Points awarded and closing the thread.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

system does not generate inspection lot !!

Is it cancellation against original document.?what is mvt type reflected in MB51.??