cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPOS Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues

We plan to use DP and GATP in APO for FMCG industry.

For which i have a following Questions:

Level for Forecasting:

Product, Product Group, Plant, Province are required.Forecasting is done in monthly level.

Expected combinations = approximetly 9000 to 11000 CVC's

For Forecasting we plan to use keyfigure fixing at Product and Plant Level.We need to maintain aggregate at Product and Plant.

For GATP Check and Allocation Check:

Product, Product Group, Plant, Province,9AKNOB and Customer are required.Allocations are done in weekly Level.

Expected Combinations = 69000 CVC's

In our process, Statistical forecast is also one of the input to decide allocation.

For allocations we plan to do fixing at aggregate level at Product and Province Level.We need to maintain aggregate at Product and Province.

For designing MPOS:

Option 1: Separate MPOS for Forecasting and Allocation

Pros: 1) Performance increases for forecasting bcoz less number of CVC's since no customers in forecasting.

2) Only single Aggregate maintenance to the forecasting MPOS and Allocation MPOS

Cons: 1) CVC duplication with 2 MPOS

2) Data realignment need to handled twice.

Option 2: Single MPOS for forecasting and Allocation

What is your recommendations on my requirement.

BR

Katerine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Katerine

I suggest that you have seperate POS for DP and GATP. Other than the reasons you specified, consider the fact that if you connect the planning area to the GATP allocation group, the GATP allocation check fails if the Planning area is locked (by users during editing). So it anyways makes sense to have two seperate planning areas. (If you do not set the check box in allocation group defintion connecting the planning area, then this is not an issue.

Another factor to consider is that your DP and/ or GATP design could change over time. Delinking the POS makes independent changes easier.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katerine,

I too think that seperate MPOS may be a better choice.

Just couple of points.....

'In our process, Statistical forecast is also one of the input to decide allocation."

For this point, how do you plan to have forecast updated for the CVCs for MPOS- GATP ?

Generating in this GATP MPOS itself or copying from the other MPOS ?

Please also note that 69K total CVCs is not a huge number to me, we have operated in volumes of CVCs which were 10-15 times more.

To have many additional background jobs/ process chains means addtional dependencies, monitoring , scope for confusions , more BW info objects ( say back up cube, extraction cube, hsitory cubes).

Regards

Datta

Answers (0)