cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Requirements - Upgrade from Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 to Netweaver 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I've posted a newbie question regarding the understanding of Upgrading BPM 7.1 (Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1) to BPM 7.3 (which implies upgrade to Netweaver 7.3) and was kindly and nicely replied from one of you. I've checked the Master Guide and now i understand exactly what's needed (GOOD!).

One thing which i need to get and which i'm not being able to find information about is the Hardware needs for the upgrade and for the new system after upgrade.

I know this isn't trivial, nor linear, but i already have a SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 running on a:

Windows Server 2003 R2 SP02 (Virtual Machine - vmware)

23,5 GB of RAM

140GB of total Hard Disk Space divided accordingly

And i need to know the new hardware needs for the upgrade itself and for the system after upgrdaded. I need to know the implications of such upgrade in the infrastructure of my company (storage, cpu, memory) in order to be able to tell if we are now in conditions to do it, or if we need to buy additional hardware.

Thank you for all the help you can give me.

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any additional requirement apart from space required for upgrade. There will be increase in space requirement for 10-15%. As far as CPU or RAM is concerned if your system is working well, then i don't see any major requirement to increase it.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Was on vacations... Returning to the matter...

First of all thanks for your reply. If i understood correctly what you've told me, the only space increase will be something from 10 to 15% (upgrade included)?

Is my interpretation correct?

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)