cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB-Can't open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTECH"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using MI 7.10, NW client 7.1SP10, MaxDB 7.7.07 Build 30, Mobile Client 7.10 SP10 Patch 08, JRE Java 1.6u24, MI 7.10, Windows Vista, Service pack 2.

Turned UAC off from control panel and registry, ran as Administrator, installed mobile client and MaxDB with a fresh OS, got below error, when uninstalling MaxDB, it couldn't uninstall, complaining "No Installed MaxDB components found", can't delete this registry. I've googled this for while, but couldn't find any solution, can anyone here please help?!

INSTALLER_INFO: Version = 7.7.07 Build 030-123-241-764

INSTALLER_INFO: Changelist = 241764

INSTALLER_INFO: MakeId = 527288

INSTALLER_INFO: Type = kit

SYS_INFO: Host name = UVA421-78062083

SYS_INFO: System = Windows

SYS_INFO: Architecture = I386

SYS_INFO: Version = NT 6.0

SYS_INFO: Subversion = Service Pack 2

CALL: SDBINST -b -t sapmc -f C:\Program Files\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client\MaxDB Files\sdb_MIDB_sample.cfg

Can't open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech":

Thanks,

Grace

Edited by: Grace Mu on Jul 22, 2011 6:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

Could you check http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=304326 ?

Deleting the registry entries seems to have solved the issue.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srikishan, I reviewed the link you provided, it solves uninstall and re-install problem for one laptop, however, we have many laptops, can't do manual registry clean up for all of them. The installation was done by mobile client silent script, needs to be successful the very first time.

This error only happens with the very 1st installation, means fresh OS that never had any SAP, I am wondering what is the installation program trying to change in the registry, does it have to go that deep into registry? and what other components are affected by the error "Can't open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTECH"?

From the log, the command ran before the error was "CALL: SDBINST -b -t sapmc -f C:\Program Files\SAP Netweaver Mobile Client\MaxDB Files\sdb_MIDB_sample.cfg", is it a sample program and do we need it? is this caused the error?

for remaining errors(many of them), there is one very odd

"SYS: "c:\sdb\programs\runtime\7300\bin\irconf.exe" -i -p "c:\sdb\programs\runtime\7300": Error : Cannot find any installed version of CPC Driver.."

What caused it?

Thanks,

Grace

Edited by: Grace Mu on Jul 25, 2011 4:34 PM

Edited by: Grace Mu on Jul 25, 2011 4:37 PM