cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shippable but nonbillable and non inventory relevant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure an item category that allows shipping - but is non billable and does NOT create demand (non inventory relevant

What makes an item category not create demand?

Any / all ideas are welcome

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

use item category -DLX

non stock item

or

you can use scenario like providing free service in (warranty or guarantee ) with certain time period

if product is damaged company person go their repair the product in this case providing service is deliverable

we are not going to bill anything to customer within the stipulated time.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Krishna,

I am wondering what setting ins an item category config, (like DLX that you suggested) makes it non-stock item category?

Thanks,

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For making an Item category as "Non Billable", you need to make the field "Billing Relevance" blank in T.code VOV7. For ex: Say you are using Itm Cat ZTAN. Go to VOV7 and in field "Billing Relevance" make it blank. Make sure that this item category is used only for non billable items in a sales order.

To have a non stock material create a material of material type "NLAG" . This will resolve all your issues.

Let me know in-case you have any issues with this.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Let me try to re-phrase my question : on the configuration screen of sales item category is there any setting that will make that item category non inventory relevant ? We can easily see there is setting for billing relevance - but is there setting that relates to stock or demand?

Thanks,

SM