cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Export fails for SAPAPPL0_4 in System Copy, ORA-01722: invalid number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm doing a system copy (DB Independent) from my ECC 6, ERP ( Windows 32 bit 2003 server + Oracle 10.02 g) to a same kind of machine.

ABAP export is successfully for 42 , but failed 1.

My " export_monitor.java.log " files gives the below data

-

Unloading of 'SAPAPPL0_4' export package: ERROR

Export Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 0, completed 42, failed 1, total 43.

-

Also my SAPAPPL0_4.log file gives the below data.

-

DbSl Trace: Error 1722 in stmt_fetch() from oci_execute_stmt(), orpc=0

DbSl Trace: ORA-1722 occurred when executing SQL stmt (parse error offset=64)

(EXP) ERROR: DbSlExeRead failed

rc = 99, table "ZEMPLOYEE"

(SQL error 1722)

error message returned by DbSl:

ORA-01722: invalid number

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

E:\usr\sap\VMD\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\R3load.exe: job finished with 1 error(s)

-

Requesting your support.

Thanks

Jebin Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like ZEMPLOYEE might have some bad data for some reason. Most of the time when we see ORA-01722 it means that Oracle throws an error when we are tying to insert the incorrect type of data. Here is an example:

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

create table Jebin (t1 number)

insert into Jebin values ('J')

This throws an ORA-01722 error. Does any of the log files show any more information on the possible record causing the problem? You may have to go back to the source and see if there is something incorrect for that column.

Good Luck,

Mike Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Mike...

I solved the problem. I'll share the details, but I'm not sure if it is recommended by SAP. But it is my DEV Server and I took the chance.

As you mentioned "ORA-01722: invalid number" comes when there is a different data format or data type than specified.

I had few dummy data in ZEMPLOYEE and I copied them and later deleted the raw from back-end.

Then I Shutdown and Started the Database, clicked "Retry" for Export and Thank GOD, it completed successfully !!!

Regards,

Jebin Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad I could help. That's a Z table so how you maintain it is up to you. As a final thought, anytime you are worried about modifying the data at the Oracle level, just make a copy of the table before hand.

create table ZEMPLOYEE_OLD as select * from ZEMPLOYEE;

Then go ahead and delete/modify the data causing the problem in the original table. "If" you need that old data for any reason you can scrub it in the ZEMPLOYEE_OLD (as an example) and then re-insert it back into ZEMPLOYEE. If you don't need the data after a week or so, then drop the *_OLD table.

Good job on the resolution!

Sincerely,

Mike Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again Thank you Mike.

My DEV machine will be free after System Copy and I can do enough R&D with that.

Regards,

Jebin Sebastian

Answers (0)