cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service does not work after change ABAP parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Web Service based on an ABAP Function module as described by http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ef/d94b78ebf811d295b100a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

It worked fine. This week I changed the structure of the table parameter. I have activated everything (Function Module, Service etc.), deactivated and activated the service using SICF. SAP shows everything is correct! But the service does not work anymore!

When the service is invoked from SOAPUI (a Java Weber Service test program), it shows exception

<faultstring xml:lang="en">Virtual Interface not found</faultstring>

When the service is directly tested within ABAP workbench with generated test XML, it shows:

Access to the table ref. node 'Y02VSI_CAE_CONDITIONITEM' outside a loop

I believe, SAP SOAP runtime/platform has not generated the models (or what it likes) correctly. Has anyone uncounted the same problem or any advices?

The SAP system I work with has following version:

ECC 6.0

SAP_BASIS 701

Pure ABAP AS (no Java)

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Dianlong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

You need to readjust service to reflect change in structure.

1. Goto SE85

2. Search for your service

3. Open service in SE80 and switch to edit mode

4. Click on "check" button

5. It will give you popup saying "Service definition is inconsistent"

6. Click Yes to correct definition

7. Activate service.

Now it should work.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gourav,

I have done the steps you described many times. After check, it shows no error. Also no error by activation! However, it shows the same error when I invoke the service!

Is there any way to call the system to regenerate the proxy, model and what for every the ABAP needs for a Web Service?

Thanks

Regards

Dianlong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the service is directly tested within ABAP workbench with generated test XML, it shows:

Access to the table ref. node 'Y02VSI_CAE_CONDITIONITEM' outside a loop

Are you sure if you changed your service? it is very clear from above statement that your service is still reflecting old structure. Please follow steps mentioned in my previous post. You need to edit service and then click on "check" button and then your service will be adjusted automatically.

Deactivate/Activate FM won't work.

Regards,

Gourav

Edited by: Gourav Khare on Jul 26, 2011 12:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the Web Service works now after I have checked/activated it several times. Hower it works when it is invoked from outside (.Net, SOAPUI). It shows the same error when it is invoked/tested in SE80. See:

[;

Regards,

Dianlong