cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vk11 error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one critical issue. We maintain vat (JIVP) in VK11 with key combination country/ plantregion/ region/ taxcl1cust / taxcl.mat which is one time maintenance. In sales order the value of vat ( JIVP) picked from material tax classification.

One user has changed the condition record from 4% to 0 % in vk12.

After that all salestax showed zero.

One consultant work upon this issue and with help of ABAPER bypass the condition and fix the condition record upto certain period say 1.5.2011 to 31.12.9999.

When user try to maintain vat (JIVP) in VK11 system doesnt allow to create and the error showed -

tax indicator a2 has percentage rate 0.000...

I need to rectify this error.

How I'll make the system work as before ??

Please try to help me..

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swastika,

Check the following SAP note

The main points in the same are as follows.

Summary

Symptom

In SD Customizing, you defined a tax condition (condition class 'D') to which a calculation rule 'not by percentage' (that is, not 'A') is assigned. This constellation may cause different problems depending on the release and the selected Customizing settings:

1. Condition maintenance

----

When you create condition records for the tax condition 'not by percentage', for example, error message VK154 "Tax indicator & has percentage rate &", VK022 "Enter a unit of measure", VK432 "Object &1 not provided with characteristic &2. (Note other fields)" (as of Release 4.6) and others are displayed.

Cause and prerequisites

The problem is caused by the program design.

The mapping of conditions of class 'D' in connection with a calculation rule not by percentage is not provided in the standard system.

Condition class 'D' (taxes) is only reserved for sales tax by percentage which should also be posted to an R/3 financial accounting module.

Solution

Instead of using a condition of class 'D', you should define the tax 'not by percentage' as a normal surcharge condition (condition class 'A'). You can then provide this surcharge condition depending on your requirements with a quantity based, absolute, weight dependent and so on calculation rule.

To prevent manual changes to the defined 'tax' by the end user, you should also deactivate flag 'Delete' and set 'Manual input' to 'D' ('Not possible to process manually').

The condition values determined for the condition should also be posted to a special FI account to prevent that they are mixed with normal revenues or tax amounts.

Check and revert whether the Note explains solution for your issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Jul 23, 2011 12:34 PM

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Jul 23, 2011 12:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the SAP NOTE. But it hasnt given any input to my issue.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Either check in FTXP or FV11 for the following condition type.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your user might have changed the TAX RATE for the tax code in FTXP

Please check in transaction code FTXP

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Find out the user exit,in which the logic had written for that condition type,ask your ABAper to comment the program ,once it has been commented it will allow to access the condition type in VK11.

Thanks

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply. Can you plz tell me which user exit I use for it.

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the right way to maintain the taxes. If teh user wanted to change the vat percentage, he should have asked teh functional consultant to create a new tax code A0 with percentage 0.00.

To resolve this issue, I suggest you create a new tax code A3 with the current vat percentage say 20% and then create the condition type in vk11. However, you will have to take care of the overlapping valid from and valid to dates of the other tax code i.e A2.

Also, please give the exact condition in which the user wants the vat rate to be zero percent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply. But I cant change the vat % from 0 to 4 and cant maintain the validity period in VK12 as there is no previous condition record found. when i tried to maintain 4% vat in VK11 with taxcode A2 it shows the error tax indicator a2 has percentage rate 0.000..

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to T-Code FTXP

Select country as IN

Enter Tax Code as A2

Now in the following screen, check whether 0% is maintained against your Condition Type. IF yes make it 4% & then try VK12.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta