cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carry out Sourcing - Assign to Me button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In carry out sourcing, I believe one buyer can assign a shopping cart to him which was originally assigned to some other buyer, by clicking on "Assign to me" button under Find tab.

But in my case, my buyers are getting the (informatoin) message Not possible to transfer the org. data to all items while doing so. When I click on further information it is giving the below message:

Diagnosis

If you choose "Assign to Me", then the purchasing organization and the purchasing group of the shopping cart are changed to the purchasing organization and the purchasing group of the user. You can make this change if the logical backend systems to which the category and the new organizational data in the shopping cart refer do not match up after the change is made.

System Response

Procedure

Procedure for System Administration

Both the buyers are assigned to different purchasing group but in same purchase organization. In such case, I hope they should be able to do. Not sure why it is giving the above message. Moreover the message is also not clear.

Can you please advice, what should be the issue?

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the issue with the help of SAP note: 1000706 - Assign to me in SOCO does not work for extend classic. But I need some other help pertaining to the same issue.

Even though the note is for older SP and the changes are already there in our system, we still get this issue. We are in SRM 5.0 (SP12).

When we debugged, we found that the below condition is failing in the program (include) LBBP_SOCO_APPF0X:

"IF lv_item_logsys = lv_backend_logsys".

For lv_backend_logsys - we are getting backend system name through the FM: BBP_OM_READ_PURCH_ORG_BE.

But for lv_item_logsys - we are getting SRM system name itself.

Table BBP_PDBEI (Backend Specific Item Data), field BE_LOG_SYSTEM is showing the SRM system name for all the shopping cart items. Hence lv_item_logsys is having SRM system name and the above condition is failiing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Questions <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I believe the field BE_LOG_SYSTEM in Table BBP_PDBEI, should have backend system name in case of extended classic scenario. Not sure why it is having SRM system name. Any idea?

Also in the customzing "ACtivate Extended Classic scenario", what is the significance of the field "Backend Purch Grps Responsible". In my case, only the Extended classic scenrio box is active but not this one. If I check that box, what will happen?

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you replicated product categories from backend ECC system or you created product categories directlyin SRM?

If you have replicated from ECC then check below config in SRM IMG:

ServerTechnical Basic settingsDefine Backend system for Product Category -

Target and Source systems should be backend ECC Logical system and not SRM.

Hope the above solution would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Jagadish

Edited by: Jagdish Reddy on Jul 23, 2011 1:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

My product categories are replicated from backend system only and it has been maintained with backend system name as both source and target systems in mentioned customizing.

Still I am not clear, from where it is taking the SRM system name.

Thanks,

Arun