Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT2 - making user defined feild visible in profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

am facing a issue ,

I need to create a New profile in CAC1 [ done] by coping the already existing profile.

IN already existing profile we have made DISPLAY settings to "CATS_ADDFI-FIELD1" - Additional field 1. This is defined as ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION. This is working fine for existing profile in CAT2 tim sheet booking. In CAC5 the Activity description is defined against YYACTVITY.fine.

Now how to make Activity description column visible in DATA ENTRY AREA in CAT2 for my new defined view . Currently I am not able to see as its in invisible mode.

Help me as its very urgent

regards

Msamba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you complete you creation and assignment of new fields, go to CAC2 transaction and hit the "Influencing" button. In the following screen you have to select your data entry profile. After that for "CATS_ADDFI-FIELD1" select the radio button "Display" and save the profile.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did it thru Influencing making it display against the new field, I went to CAT2 in development client and selected that profile and Emploee number .

I am unable to view the new added feild.Now when I clicked the seelction screen for varient creation , I clicked the administrator Icon , I found the Activity descrption marked with Invisible mode.Dont know why ....But.

Also Client request is to chnage the coulmn position in Data entry area, They need some to be in specific order. DO i need to create a VArient ?? How can I make this varient for entire organisation available?

Regards

Msamba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CAC2, you will have to do these for "Data Entry Section". Then only the field will bevisible in your time sheet screen. As for your second question, in the CAT2 there is an option called "Save asTemplate". You can manully move the fields as requiredand then use this feature. You have try this out as i have never used it previously.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

in CAT2 , when I see the data entry area , these feilds are not appearing even though i have marked in cac2.

Is that possible that , I dont have the Authorization object set for that administrator as the "icon " Available system varient is showing in display mode [tick]. In that selection list , If I remove the tick mark for additional feild1 , activate >then save. still its not visible in Cat2 .Do I need to do any thing with BASIS help so that the global settings and local settings gets change?? [ I am guessing it]

Help us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can check for security setting with Basis. But as for the field being available for "Display" the only setting is in CAC2. I did went back and tried inmy system and as i change the radio button from Display to Input, in CAT2 the custom field is open for editing.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also , what I observe is I am unable to remove the tick mark for CATS_ADDFI-FIELD1 alone in CAT2 , but any chnages to other display or input feilds are getting chnage accordingly to my selection in administrator Icon in Cat2.??

I have set the display tab for CATS_ADDFI-FIELD1 for my profile in CAC2.

Trying still...to solve

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CAT2 , I ran SU53 tcode and fount Auth object failed :

Authorization Object S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest, you please send the SU53 details to your basis person and get the authorisation corrected. if it helps, at my end there is no failures in SU53.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Solution :

I could solve the problem . In CAC2 , I have selected screens thru INFLUENCINg tab and selected the profile. But I have not set chnages in global template . Means when u go in CAC2 , there is a global template for data entry profile , This needs to be chnages first and then chnages in Influencing tab .

Now my second questions:

My client needs sowm shuffle in data entry area for Eg: Work center should follow behind wage type. I have request them that create the changes and then save under new Varient . My client is not happy with VARIANT creation in CAT2 nor making it default as global.They dont wanna create any Varient but they wannt to fix the feild selection as they desired under BASIC SETTINGS.

Can we do this ? Can we chnage the feild selection under BASIC SETTINGS.?? or is theer any configuration to assign the columns to our desired way in WORK LIST or DATA ENTRY AREA??

Please advice.

Edited by: msamba on Jul 26, 2011 9:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following. Select the columns in "Data Entry" view and then drag and drop in the appropriate positions as per your requiremnet. Then go in to the "Configuration" icon, Administrator button and "Activate". This setting remains even if we log out and log back in. This was just a trial and error. Lets see if any one else has any better method.

Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Jul 26, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers (0)