cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function u2013 transaction lost where synchronize PFCG and ERM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Iu2019m working on Access Control Role Management 5.3 and when I synchronize ERM with PFCG I lost the Function u2013 transaction relationship in ERM role. Is It normal? Anybody know if I can recover it? Maybe forcing some table in the ERM DB?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

Schedule the job Transaction/Object/Field Sync again.

By the way, how you are determining that the Function to Transaction sync is lost??

If you are trying to modify a role in the backend sytem, and doesn't see in in ERM, ensure that the settings are correct. In ERM - configuration - Miscellaneous - Allow Editing Role Authorizations in PFCG - Set to Yes

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thank you for the answer, but isnu2019t a function u2013 transaction synchronize problem, in fact when I create a new role or if I add a new function in the role I can see the function with the correct transaction and authorization objects (as I defined in the RAR). But when I modify the Role in PFCG and (after) I come back in the ERM and synchronize it with PFCG, in the tab u201Cfunctionu201D I canu2019t see my function anymore, also in the tab u201Ctransactionu201D I see the transactions with u201Cu2026.u201D value in the u201Cfunctionu201D column. Do you have some idea?

Thank you very much,

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

How you are calling PFCG?? ERM will only know about the changes if you call PFCG from ERM. Then the synchronization button will be visible and you can see all the functions.

Any changes that you directly make in PFCG (from the backend system) without going through ERM is invisible to ERM and those roles & information can't be synced.

If you are following the 2nd option, you may need to seriously look at disabling the PFCG role modification authorizations in the backend system.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I call PFCG from the ERM (but I think that from SP13 I could go directly in the PFCG and after synchronize the ERM, please see SAP note 1521869), my role is synchronized with PFCG at 100% and working fine, just I canu2019t see the function in the ERM in the function tab and the relation from function and transaction in the transaction tab (for example I see MIGO and "..." in place of MIGO and MM04).

Thank you very much and best regards,

Luigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luigi,

Got your point. Yes, it might be due to Function and Transaction sync and it is not okay. I hope you need to contact SAP for assistance with the script to correct it.

Regards,

Raghu