Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM or ECC number vendor number in mdm catalogue

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few question regarding Business partner in Catalogue:

1.Suppose for the same vendor, SRM business partner number is different from ECC number, then what would be the business

partner I should maintain in MDM catalogue ? Will it be SRM business partner number or ECC vendor number ?

2. Suppose I will use external catalogue. Do I need to create the business partner number for the external catalogue vendor in

SRM ? As external catalogue is for single vendor, how system know about what is the vendor number when select material

from external catalogue ?

Thanks in advance.

Regds,

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer

Generally, the Business Partner data in SRM has been replicated from ERP so we expect the same data to be there. But if you create a document from catalog directly in SRM, which in classic scenario is meant to create a purchase order in ECC, but the business partner data is not valid in SRM then it will not create a shopping cart as the vendor is invalid.

For an external catalog, you can either have the catalog pass the vendor number throug OCI or this can be maintained in the catalog customizing where you can define the business partner for the catalog which will be read and used every time this webservice is called.

Regards,

Jason

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jason.

You mean to say that SRM Business partner number has to maintain in Catalogue not the ECC vendor number ?

Business partner number has to maintained as input parameter in external catalogue customization setting ?

thanks,

Regards,

Jennifer

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

If you pass data to the SRM system from catlaog, the data must exist in SRM, the exception being product data where the flag is not set in customizing 'Do not check product', if this flag is set, the product validation is done locally, if it is not set, the product is checked in the connected ERP system.

Vendor data is checked locally, as is category etc, so the vendor should exist in SRM or if it does not, then a mapping must be defined in the the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER to map the incoming vendor data to internal SRM vendor data.

Regards,

Jason

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks josan

Answers (0)