cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system is not assigned to a host problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we have installed solman EHp1 7 dual stack and configuration is done using SOLMAN_SETUP. but while using to download of support packages using maintenance optimizer, we are getting the error "system is not assigned to a host" despite filling all the fields in SMSY for both ABAP and JAVA.

Kindly request to advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could check the notes and procedure mentioned in the thread:

Also in SMSY -> System Components -> Java -> <sid> check if the host assignment is complete.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

jThe notes mentioned in the thread are not applicable and i see that host assignment is also complete including java host assignement. could you please let me know any notes applicable in this regards ss i see that the host definition is complete in SMSY.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check in SMSY whether your host of the system is listed under Server section ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes..all the server hosts and database hosts are included under server section. searched many notes and i see all the related notes which are applicable for maintenance optimizer issues are also applied..And also i had a look at the below note as well..But none is able to solve my problem..Request all the guys help in this regard..

Note 1567792 - MOpz: error System is not assigned to a host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a last option, you could try removing the product systems/components manually from smsy.

Then, check in the SLD - that the solution manager ABAP and Java instance are registered correctly with all the host details in place.

Start the smsy_setup tcode on the solution manager to populate the SMSY from SLD. This should create entries in SMSYS with proper details.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

good suggestions from the members

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Check SMSY => Product Systems => <Product Version> => system => Select any java instance of this system => Database

Check if there's a SID assigned in DATABASE field. This is the cause to this issue. Probably the field database is blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks srikrishnan and everyone. problem is resolved.After removing all the systems manually and after running SMSY_setup the fileds were right at this time and maintenace optimizer picked up the information.

Thanks everyone onceagain for the help.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is the Support Package level of your Solution Manager? Please post the package level of component ST.

Do you have Java product instances marked as relevant for your target system? If yes, are they assigned to a Java technical system?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ