cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control the Product Category in the Pre-select screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,my expert :

I work in ROS scenario . In my case ,the supplier can select Product Category A, Product Category B,and Product Category C when they filled the data in the registration scren . And the purchaser A just is responsibility for the Product Category A ,and the purchaser B ,C are the same situation .

So ,my question is :

1,How can I control the Product Category in the Pre-select screen? I mean that the Purchaser A can just select the Product Category A in the Pre-select screen .

2,You know the supplier select two category is one BP in the system ,So if the purchaser A accepe the supplier ,the purchaser B will find the status is "accepted ",So the purchaser B will be confused about it .

SO ,in my case ,any one has the suggestions ,any link welcome .

Bestregards

alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As per standard SRM solution, this is not supported. Purchasers who accept new suppliers, accept them on the whole and not for any specific product category. There is no such thing as Purchaser being responsible for specific prod category in ROS.

What you could do however is to build a custom workflow to achieve it. You could have category approvers after the purchaser has accepted the supplier. Based on the category provided by the supplier in the reg form, you could route these suppliers to appropriate category approvers.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Nikhil

Thnanks for your reply .

I want to know how to build the workflow in the ROS ? OR some useful link .

Bestregards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Pl have a look at the following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/45/f7d975f9e56789e10000000a155369/content.htm

Sit with a technical guy (workflow expert) to analyse this.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,Nikhil

Thanks for your reply ,it is useful link ,But in my case ,the purchaser can't create the supplier until he gets the approval from his manager .

thank you all the same.I will custom one filed to record the status of the supplier status.

bestregards

alex