Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete allocated Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your assistance.

My client has created a project and allocated budget manually and released (in billions). Actual cost is posted for some WBS elements and commitments are also there for some WBS elements (in thousands). Due to drawing changes, budget allocated to these WBS elements is not valid and management wants to delete this budget. Rest of the project (WBS Elements) will continue.

How to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Murthy.

Edited by: R.S.V.R Murthy on Jul 22, 2011 8:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use SAP Note : 1145955

Thanks

abdul.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

is this SAP Note applicable where actual and commitment postings are done.

actually my client wants to remove Budget from lower level WBS except level 1. they want to track budget and control at level 1 WBS only so need to delete but actuals are there so we are unable to delete budget and reset BUDG status.

please help

thanks

Sunil

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am not sure but try to transfer the actual cost from lower wbs elements to other WBS elements/other cost objects and then re post them back to level 1 wbs element then check if system is allowing you to remove budget from lower level wbs elements and reset OPSX. I think if commitments and actual are removed from WBS then it can be possible to reset the BUDG status of wbs. Though I am not sure of it but I would suggest you to check it once if it is possible and let us know if it works to some extent.

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all........

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can return the budget by using following transaction codes.

CJ38 - In Project

CJ35 - From Project

only available budget can be return from the respective wbse's. so here you can return unwanted budget from the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandeep.

I tried these transactions CJ34, CJ35, CJ38 and then posted this thread.

I tried CJ35 - Got error Annual budget negative

I tried CJ38 - got error overall budget less than distributed budet; overall budget less than overall release.

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using IM then try budget changes using IM52.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

Since you are using Budget Releases, You will have to first reduce the Released budget in CJ32. Then only you will be able to reduce the Budget. ( If Annual/Overall Budget is less than the Released Budget, then obviosly the system will thow an error ).

Hope this helps,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivas,

Thank you. I'll try this.

Regards,

Murthy.

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

You have to first derlease budget then return budget then remove original budget, If system is not allowing just try CJBW to deactivate budgtet availability control

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Thank you for your response. Mr. Srinivas also advised the same solution.

I could not do it as my core team member is busy in some other assignment.

Regards,

Murthy.