cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO (File 2 IDOC scenarion) in 4.6c system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client wants to process Exactly once in order message processing in SAP 4.6c system (inbound side)(File 2 idoc ).

I have read from some of the forum threads saying that, to implement this solution using PI, SAP system version WAS should be minimum 6.40.

Can you provide me your inputs for implementing EOIO message processing (File to IDOC ) scenario in 4.6c with / without using PI

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

first thing...

Whenever we set the sender communication channel as FTP/NFS and Quality of Service as Exctactly Once in Order , have to check quality of servive

Sometimes, the status of the messages in the message monitoring of the adapter framework is Holding status.

To clear the holding status messages from Adapter engine level

If messages are stuck then you can see HOLD and NDLV status.

HOLDreprasents holding the messages in adapter engine in EOIO queue.

NDLVreprasents the messages not delivered to Integration Server.

To clear these messages click on the message key number.

use this url and clear the eoio messages....

http://hostname:port/MessagingSystem

regards,

kesava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesav and Roy,

Thanks For your inputs.

Here is my undestanding.Please correct me if i am wrong.

1.use EOIO processing in File adapter side(sender).

2.use quee processing in IDOC adapter side(Receiver).

and need to do some serialisation config in receiver side.

still i have a question from 2nd point.

if any message was failed at SAP inbound side and what will happend for the rest of the messages?

are they process or wait in Quee in SAP?

2.what will happend for file processing in XI side if nay error occur in SAP inbound side

Thanks

Sai

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

ECC side that can be handeled EOIO Processing error.

You may want to remove it from the Queue.

In PI side if it fails in queuye then other message will wait.

You can Run a job to cancel error EOIO messages in PI .

see this in SE38----

>RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

My Question is

1.if any message failed at SAP 4.6c inbound(this message was successfully delivered from PI side) side then how to process the message in SAP side?

2.how the PI will process the further messages , as the first message was failed at SAP side

Thanks

Sai

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question1:

you want to preserve the message order exactly, choose the Switch Procedure and enter the required number of queues with the new prefix.

The Switch Procedure is time-consuming and performance-intensive and is therefore only to be used in a running productive system.

4. Select Continue and schedule the SXMS_EOIO_REORG report to reorganize the queue by entering the required values.

The Switch Procedure status changes from inactive () to started (). The reorganization job analyzes the old queues according to messages available and creates corresponding stop entries in the new queues. The status also changes from started () to active ().

If the Switch Procedure is active, all new inbound messages are redirected to the new queue set. The reorganization job periodically checks the old queues for messages and deletes the corresponding stop entries in the new queues, as long as no more messages are found in the old queue set all stop entries are deleted from the new queue set.

If you manually delete the stop entries, the queues involved will be stopped with an error message.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/9555d5e85613eae10000000a155369/content.htm

Question 2:

PI will not bother about what happend in ECC system.It will pass the messages to ECC queue and ECC will Handle EOIO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Sorry. I am not clear with your explanation.

I never heard about switch procedure. Is this facility available in 4.6c?

Thanks

Sai

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can check QUEUE processing check box in receiver IDOC adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Is this setting will enough to do EOIO processing ? or any thing else required as our customer system SAP version is 4.6c

Thanks

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry sai,

this only works with WAS 6.4, I am on 6.2 .

Here you go for your requirement:

you can use Serialization to solve this problem:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/0b/2a66c9507d11d18ee90000e8366fc2/frameset.htm

Also see

http://www.sap-hefte.de/download/dateien/1156/100_leseprobe.pdf