SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to activate JVA in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am learning by myself joint venture accounting,i am not sure whether its apart of IDES ECC6.0 or not, if it is part of ECC could any one please guide me how to activate JVA ,if it is not could any one please advise me which is the better way to practice JVA, is there any one providing online sandbox servers for practice,thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rutvik,

Kindly go though the note

Note 112809 - Release strategy for R/3 add-on CA-JVA

This will answer technical installation related answer. With regards to sandbox related question, i dont think so any such services are available.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Kalpesh Chavda

0 Kudos

Hi kalpesh,

Thank you very much for response ,i tried to google the note,but i couldn't, could you please send the web link to activate JVA,that would be a great help for me ,thanks a lot again.

Regards from

srinivas rayabarapu

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Kindly find the web link as follows

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=112809

Kindly note that you will need OSS UID and password to access the OSS notes.

Thanks & Regards

Kalpesh Chavda

Former Member
0 Kudos

JVA is part of standard ECC and doesn't need IS OIL module activation.

To activate JVA it needs to be activate first at client level and then at company code level.

Client level activatation-

SAP Customising Implementation Guide -> Joint Venture Accounting -> Activate JVA in client (GJAC)

Company code activation-

SAP Customising Implementation Guide -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) ->Global Parameters for Company Code -> Enter Global Parameters (OBY6)

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you very much for your response, i tried to activate JVA in the client,but system given me a message to activate JVA in the system first,could you please guide me how to activate JVA in system,before activating in the client,thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same issue. When I try to activate JVA using GJC1, I am getting the message below. When I go to OBY6, I don't see a checkbox for JVA.

Shouldn't I be seeing the checkbox in OBY6 and once JVA is activated I should see that box checked. I don't see the box at all.

I added the "x" directly in the table T001 and now I can see the checkbox in OBY6, but OBY6 still tells me that JVA isn't installed, so adding the x in the table directly doesn't seem to be workingm

Am I missing an extension? I see the JVA extension on in my system

Please help. I am stuck.

Company code SA08 is not supported

Message no. GI501

Diagnosis

The company code you have entered does not exist.

Procedure

Please check your entry.  The company code must be created in Table

T001.

0 Kudos

Did you figure this out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Sri Ray,

Please find below screen shot, based on screen shot you can activate JVA accounting for your company code.

Please follow below instruction to activate JVA.

1.If Joint Venture Accounting is installed, it is not necessarily used for all company codes. To activate JVA for a company code, it has to be switched on in FI customizing but also in JVA..

The activation is done with this transaction. For the activation it has to be decided which JV ledgers should be used. The JV standard ledger is 4A for data collection and 4B as billing ledger. Every ledger can have one transaction currency and up to two local currencies. Since FI can have up to three local currencies, JV offered also the possibility to use an additional ledger - 4C as additional data collection ledger and 4D as additional billing ledger. But this additional ledger should only be used if necessary.

2.Please check also the currencies for the JVA ledger. The currencies for the collection ledgers should be identical to the currencies for the billing ledgers (e.g. currencies for ledger 4A are equal to currencies of 4B). Also those ledger should only use the currencies delivered from FI. If an additional curreny is added to the JV ledger, please keep in mind that those currencies are converted on line level (actually from FI-SL) and those currencies might not balance per document.

Thanks

Mallikarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've met the same issue and it looks like to come from an error in software table definition :

there are 2 entries created probably because of a wrong operation during the upgrade :

please  check in table TRWCA where comp = "JVA".

I've found 2 entries :

JVA    2050   

JVA    2999    X

Delete the first one (as it is read by the standard funtion "JV_ACTIVE" which check for activation/installed component), and it should read correctly that the component is activated AND installed (otherwise it returns it's activated but not installed, and following the caller, sometime it check if activated, and sometime it checks if installed).

Pierre

0 Kudos

Pierre!!!! Thank you sooooooo much!!!!! I can't explain how happy I am.. I looked everywhere and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I activated JVA 2050 in table TRWCA and I can now see the JVA tab on my cost center.

You saved the day!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy to hear it helps.

Justs for your understanding, we don't need two lines with JVA in table TRWCA. Just remove the line with the flag inactive and then only the active line remain.

I thnik SAP made a smal mistake on the activation program and added a line instead of replacing the existing one...

Pierre

0 Kudos

ok Thanks a lot once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

In my sandbox, I am unable to activate a JV as the check box to activate JV isn't there in GJVV. I am able to see it on client's system though.

I created a thread here

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?