cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP business scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had this particular question for an interview, don't know how much the details would help, but it would be great if some one could help me out.

A company with two versions of SCM dp 4.0 and 7.1

Business is unsatisfied with the present forecast, it feels its inadequate

As your first step what changes will you make in the disaggregation role in both the verisons.

Thank You

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

With my understanding of your query, my thoughts are as below.

In the scenario, the company has two APO versions 4.0 and 7.1 and business is not satisfied with forecast and you need to come out with a roadmap plan .

First , how are these 2 APO system used for planning ? Are these 2 APO system used for different business units or for different regions.

In any case, when business is not happy, means following points/ questions can be considered for further study.

Sooner or later, company needs to migrate all the planning from SCM APO 4.0 to SCM 7. X APO

While doing so , some of the process steps in forecasting can be evaluated in detail to implement /migrate best practices in APO DP.

1. What are the forecast accuracies for different business units and how these are compared with those of industry standards ?

2. Is there a scope of making the demand planning process more collaborative, consensus based and automated and one platform based( APO based, rather than using many planning tools/systems)

3.How are the master data management processes and how these can support robust and accurate data flow to APO for a good forecasting process ?

4. How is the user experience of using APO system and how it can be improved

5. How the business runs Sales & Operations process and how , APO DP forecasting process can help to make a matured S&OP process.

Regards

Datta

Answers (0)