cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS issue checked out code query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have already checked out code and created activity. After that NWDS doesnot seem to work properly.

I must re-install NWDS. In this case, what will happen to the checked out code if I re-install NWDS?

1) Will my checked out code disappear?

2)Since I am the one trying to check out again, will I be allowed to check out one more time?

3) Will there be any version conflicts?

Please guide me.

Thanks.

Su.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bnsubn,

Please let me us know what the issue you are getting in NWDS.

bold 1) Will my checked out code disappear?

If you install NWDS again and not deleted the .dtc folder then I think it will not disappear.

bold 2)Since I am the one trying to check out again, will I be allowed to check out one more time?

Yes you can checkout again. there is no problem in it. Once you sync the DC then trying to check-in and acivate it will allow you to activate with predesesson.

bold 3) Will there be any version conflicts?

Perform the sync operation on DC then it will resume with latest code.

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. it is stored local and won't disappear if you backup your local project

2, yes, if previously you didn't check out it exclusively

3.no

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Checking out the Code from DTR-Server to DTR-client simply means that when you checkout the code in an Activity, It copies the code from the DTR-Server to your Local Machine (DTR-Client).

2) So, even of you unintall the NWDS (Which comprises DTR-Client), Still the copy is available on the DTR-Server.

3) So, you can very well checkout the same source code again after loading the same development configurations.

4) But, remeber one thing, After Checking-out if you have made any modifications in that activity and if you did not check-in the activity. Then those changes are only specific to DTR-client and not available on the DTR-Server.

5) So if that is the case as explained in the previous point, i would recomend you to take the back up of your project and then re-install the NWDS.

Let me know about your findings.

To get deeper understanding on how NWDI works under the hood, you may go through the following blog that i have written to explain it in a crystal clear way...

:[Source Code Journey (NWDI under the Hood)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/25521] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya