Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ABAP technical systems in SMSY

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just set up a new Solution Manager Ehp1 and patched it to SPS23. In my SLD, I have two ABAP technical systems. However, I don't see them in SMSY. The associated product systems are present (one SAP ERP, the other SM itself).

I've tried to schedule a fetch from the SLD in Setup System Landscape maintenance from the SMSY menu and it doesn't show any errors. In addition, per note 1468559, I've run SMSY_FETCH_SYSTEM_UPDATE for a single system. Returns success but no technical systems.

If I try to create the technical systems manually in SMSY, there is no entry in the system type list for ABAP (I don't know if there should be or not, so even just confirming that it should exist would be helpful).

Any ideas on what else I can check to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The technical system maintanence in SMSY is not relevant for ABAP systems.

Technical system maintanence is required for non-ABAP systems like Java, TREX, MDM etc.

Check the Landscape setup guide for more details:

https://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700000074392009E/SP18_SolMan_Setup_Guide_V2.pdf

Regards,

Srikishan

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

That is very useful information - thanks. My confusion is because one of my ABAP only systems doesn't show up in MOPZ at all and has no technical system listed. I guess from the documentation that I have to mark something as relevant in SMSY for that to appear. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Rob

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

That is correct, you want to Mark the appropriate entry on the Product Instance tab and provide the technical system for the Java instance.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for ERP systems, just make the product instance SAP ECC server as relevant, for JAVA mark the Java product instances as 'relevant',and 'technical system assignment' tab, fill the SID of the technical system and choose the Java technical system type from the dropdown

Thanks,

Jansi

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Good information. There are a couple of other steps needed as well to get the system to show up in Maintenance Optimizer, but you guys helped me get there. Thanks.

Answers (0)