SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Code Groups versus Company Codes

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to understand exact purpose/advantage of a company code groups. Whatu2019s the deciding factor to club multiple company codes in a single company code group? Is there any major disadvantage if I configure/create one group for each company code? Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

One company code group is assigned to each contract account. This defines which company codes can be used to post to a contract account.

In Customizing, a company code is assigned to each company code group; this company code is responsible for automatic payment transactions. This company code is known as the "paying company code".

If you don't want particular company code to post transactions against the contract account then don't include that company code in the group.

thanks,

VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

One company code group is assigned to each contract account. This defines which company codes can be used to post to a contract account.

In Customizing, a company code is assigned to each company code group; this company code is responsible for automatic payment transactions. This company code is known as the "paying company code".

If you don't want particular company code to post transactions against the contract account then don't include that company code in the group.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Thanks VR.

Question - Your statement says - In Customizing, a company code is assigned to each company code group; this company code is responsible for automatic payment transactions. This company code is known as the "paying company code". If you don't want particular company code to post transactions against the contract account then don't include that company code in the group.

-->

So if I have 12 company codes divided into 4 groups (3 company codes assigned to each group) is there any advantage other than the post txn against the CA? Does it help in reporting (lets say I want to report based on zones so every zone is one company code group)?

0 Kudos

Nikhil,

For reporting purpose you don't have to group the company codes into groups, if you are developing z abap report or some other reporting tool you can sepcify that what company codes are part of one particular group.

Thanks,

VR

Edited by: VR_SAPFICA on Jul 27, 2011 4:47 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Vikram / Friends

Can any one of you help me in resolving the issue "Default company code  is not permitted for company" when i am trying to Define sample for Contract Account Categories".

Below are the screen shots which has entries entered by me in the fields & the error message which pops up upon saving the config.

Thanks in Advance

RK

0 Kudos

this is an informational message, not an error.  you can save the entry.