cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old value of attribute in Provisioning????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. In provisioning, I was wondering if there was a way to compare the old value of an attribute with the new one being provisioned?

For example.

I have a multivalue attribute. when i add to the multivalue attribute, i want to compare the new whole value of the multivalue attribute to the previous value before this change, during provisioning. I need to pass the difference to my target system.

Does anyone know how to do this? i tried uGetChangeValues but it didn't return anything.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I solved that problem in the following way:

- created two new Attributes like OLDMSKEYVALUE and NEWMSKEYVALUE

- Stored the values within these attributes

- Wrote a skript to compare both values. To prevent of case sensitivity errors, the skript compares the values in upper case letters and wrote the result (0 or 1/True or False) to another attribute. But all of these attributes aren't multivalue attributes.

In your case you could select the values within a skript using MXIV_ALL_SENTRIES and split the result into an array. After that you can compare your new value one after the other with the array values.

hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Achim

jared_kobe
Participant
0 Kudos

David,

I've found that uIS_sGetValue can also be used to compare new and previous values as well.

However, for a multivalue attribute I would follow Martin's suggestion and use the AuditID. For me, using 7.1 and SQL 2005, the AuditID of the task that updated the attribute is stored in the MXIV_SENTRIES view under the column ValueAuditID. So if you were able to select all of the values of that attribute with the correct AuditID, you would be able to get all of the additions.

Jared

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the following sentence is in documentation:

The function will normally be used in a provisioning task initiated by events on an attribute.

Is it true for your case? If not then you should try to store AuditID for change and then pass it to uGetChangeValues to get changes related to that change.

Cheers