cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of contract in SAP ECC from ESO

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are installing SAP ESO 5.1, with integration package, linked to a SAP ERP 5.0 system.

With the out-of-the box integration package, it is possible to create an outline agreement (contract) from an ESO Master Agreement / Agreement by selecting Scripts -> Publish to ERP from the toolbar (this can only be done if the Master Agreement is in a "saved" state). This is a manual process.

My question is: is it possible to automatically execute this script by means of Workflow?

The goal would be for E-Sourcing to always create a contract in the SAP ECC backend system from a completed ESO Master Agreement. I believe this can be achieved by executing a script at the "saved" event?

I'll appreciate your feedback on this approach, or any other solutions you might have implemented with customers to reach a solution to a similar requirement.

Thanks!

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto

I would not suggest "Publish to ERP " to me made a post save script as contract managers/ buyers might "save" a draft version of the master agreement which might still need some validation. Also since a word contract is not in place at this point in time, there might be changes later on which could make the situation rather messy.

In case you are going for approval workflows in phase definition of contract, you can use "Publish to ERP " as a postscript for workflow when contract finally is moved to executed phase but again would support Howie here that it should remain a manual process since a lot of validations would be required.

A lot depends on business on what they consider to be the culimination of CLM cycle. Few would like to start transactions through oultine agreement before actual contract is signed to speed up the process while many would like to wait for the actual signed document to be in place before starting transactional procurement.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Howie and Mudit,

As you mention, I believe it's a good idea to call the script once the contract reaches the executed phase, in order to avoid issues. I'll award points accordingly.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Edited by: Gilberto Carlos Gallardo Millan on Jul 22, 2011 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

Yes almost anything is possible with scripting and workflow. If the right conditions are met there is no reason why you cannot have your script call the same class that is in the outofthebox Publish to ERP script. However, I would highly recommend that if you pursue this approach you put a lot of validation logic into your script to pre-catch any errors (e.g. 0-Standard and appropriate PORGs etc) that could be encountered by an automatic push.

I also remind you that the push to ERP is really a high-level information push that often requires manual followup in ECC to finalize the transaction. Therefore, a push is really never 'automatic'. You might keep that in mind while pondering an automatic push.

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.

www.craftysystems.com