cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Instance Not Present After Kernel Upgrade, Pls assit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP. I recently installed ERP 6.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2. I went through all the installation steps and ERP was installed successfully. I was also able to connect to SAP ERP with the GUI.

Using the GUI please see some of the important information before the Kernel Upgrade from the using status menu.

Component version: SAP ECC 6.0

Unicode System: Yes

Database System: Oracle

Release: 10.2.0.4.0

Some Kernel info:

Kernel Release: 701

Sup.Pkg.lvl: 32

When Connecting with the GUI before any upgrade I got an error on the GUI first page in red stating

Runtime Errors: START_CALL_SICK

Date and time: The date and time

Looking around this forum I found out that this can be taken care with the latest kernel upgrade. I downloaded the two latest kernel upgrade files for the Windows Server 2008 R2 "SAPEXE_137-10005992.SAR" & "SAPEXEDB_137-10005996.SAR". From sapmmc I stopped the SAP instance and all the windows processes related to SAP. I then extracted both of the downloaded folders contents in the directory "C:\usr\sap\ORC\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64*" (Pls advise if this is the proper way to upgrade the kernel).

After the Kernel files were copied I rebooted the Windows 2008 R2 server but when I started sapmmc(SAP management console) I do not see any instance listed. Just disappeared. Thinking I am new to SAP I tried many times with fresh installations and on different machines but same issue again and again. I also noticed that after Kernel upgrade the process "SAPSIDxx " was stopped and was not running. I tried running it from windows services manually and I got an error (in short) "Error 14001: side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

I feel that this issue is be very common, since it happened every time I did a fresh install and did a kernel upgrade. Please assist how can I correct this issue and see & start SAP instance. Any tips recommendations would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I tried running it from windows services manually and I got an error (in short) "Error 14001: side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

You need to install the latest compiler runtime libraries (as mentioned in the note).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot John. Your solution worked perfect. That is exactly what was needed note # "1540608 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel " After applying the patch the SAP starts right away. Thanks again you truly are a SAP guru.

Markus appreciate your comment.

Points allotted.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the SAP service is starting

Also check

1540608 - SAP system does not start after applying SAP kernel

regards,