cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE static footer required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, we have a PDF form with two pages defined, the data can overflow onto the second page if there is enough data to do so, otherwise one page will be created. A footer is required with a total that is to be static at the bottom of the last page, be it on page one if small amount of data or page two if data overflows. How can I create a footer for displaying on the last page (one or two) statically at the bottom of that page. At present we have reserved space on page one for the total but the empty space is unacceptable and would like to use it for real data if data overflows to page two.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sethu, you were on the right track but needed some tweeking. I've provided the anwser for you or anyone else who needs it...

AbhinavDagar
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

You need to keep you data in a flowed layout, it will automatically come to secon page as footer if the data volume doesnot fit on the first page

Regards

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your response, yes you are right however this is what I already have. A floating footer, my requirement is to have the footer at the BOTTOM of either page one or page two. It must be positioned always at the BOTTOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the below script at the form:ready event of the footer.

var totpag = xfa.layout.pageCount();

var pagnum = xfa.layout.page(this);

if (pagNum == totpag)

{

footer.presence = "visible";

}

else

{

footer.presence = "visible";

}

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

again thank you for your response Aravind. We already have this option as well which is working properly to make the footer visible or not. But it does not address the result we are trying to achieve. Let me explain again. By using the two suggestions you have made (which we are already using) we can make the footer visible or not and only print on the appropriate page. But this option requires that the area the footer is printed in is reserved. Meaning no other data can be printed in that area and we are losing valuable print area on page one when the footer is in a fixed location. We want a footer that does not reserve any printable area and only prints on the last page, be it page one or page two depending on the data AND have the footer fixed at the BOTTOM of the page it is printed on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You Can try to have a Master page set with the Page Set - Printing option as "Print on Front Side Only". Now have 3 master pages with the below config:

Master Page 1 - Pagination-Placement property as "First Page in page set" ( This I suggest as first page might have some header info with room for items)

Master Page 2 - Pagination-Placement property as "Rest of pages" - here in this page you can utilize the max content area for item display.

Master Page 3 - Pagination-Placement property as "Last Page in page set" - This page can serve you as the page with footer with room for total display.

Thanks,

Sethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sethu, thank you for your response, it was helpful. I had done this before but it does not quite fix the problem that is why I gave you a rating of 2 as helpful. I'm also going to close it as answered because I found the solution and it goes like this.

Master Page 1 - Pagination-Placement property as "No Placement Restrictions" u2013 ( first page might have some header info & here in this page you can utilize the max content area for item display. )

Master Page 2 - Pagination-Placement property as "Last Page in page set" - ( last page might have some header info &This page can serve you as the page with footer with room for total display. )

kind regards,

Antonio