Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopopulated fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can you please advise?

In CLM system in the Project area, there is a Collaborators collection which contains the following columns: Name, Email, Authorization, etc. When I add a new collaborator by selecting his/her name, the other fields (such as email and authorization) are automatically populated.

I created a collection which is related to Products, and I would like to have some fields autopopulated. When selecting the Product ID, I would like to have the Description field autopopulated.

-My question is: Is it possible to be done by configuration? Or it is only possible to be done by scripting? I am currently using CLM version 5.

Thanks,

Igor Nakamura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

That would have to be handled by a script. There are only a few places in the application where we bring along related data when picking something (e.g. listing the phone number and email address on a vendor contact when viewing the vendor object, or listing the email address on a vendor contact associated with a contract). Anything else would need to be handled by a validation script.

-Howie Wexler

Crafty Systems, Inc.

www.craftysystems.com