cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR/EA-HR Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have development system which has SAP-HR on 604 Sp35 and EA-HR 604-sp24.

Recently we installed quality and upgraded to EHP4.But the SAP-HR is still on 600-sp53 & EA-HR 600-sp53.

We have to upgrade the SAP-HR/EA-HR to 604-sp25.

How can i achieve this?

Should i use SAPehpi installer and Saint?

Please guide.?

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

If you want only upgrade HR components then I think upgrade through SAINT/SPAM shold be good process.

Because through EHPI its a long running process.

Regards

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SMSY is changed the product version to ERP6.0.

Then in MOPZ i created a new transaction and selected Z_ERP as the solution and ERP6.0.

When i click on continue there is huge list of technical usage type.Out of which few are already selected.

I can see the HCM technical usage type available.Should i select and continue with it and do i have to make another selections as well.

Also i can select Is-retail but i am unable to find FI-CAX under any usage type.

Please advice how to proceed.

Regards

Abhishek

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has a simple explanation, probably you didn't select the right usage type while applying EHP4. You need to use EHPI to upgrade those components to 604

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I have few questions.

1.Since i have already upgraded to EHP4, Can i use SAPehpi to upgrade these component?

2.Should i create a new Transaction in MOPZ or use the earlier transaction that i used for EHP4.?

3.Case 1: if i create a new transaction then what usage type i need to select?

Case2 : if i use the same transaction then how to generate the stack file for these components only?

Regards

Abhishek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't use EHPi to upgrade SAP_HR & EA-HR as it is long process. Upgrade it with SPAM/SAINT. But you need to get stack xml from MOPZ. You need to select HCM Technical usage type to get HR packages.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When i create a new transaction in MOPZ for quality system. It give me two options.

Maintenance & EHP.

If i select EHP it will automatically select all the currently installed appl components,although i can select HCM.

Should i generate the stack file for all the components along with HCM usage type?

Please guide.

Regards

Abhishek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you will select EHP, then select target stack, if your target stack will be same as your current system is on then it will download only HCM packages but if it is different then it might include other packages as well.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Quality system is at stack 7.

While i create a new transaction in MOPZ and select EHP, it gives the option for target stack with EHP5 option.

Should i use the previous transaction?

Also,i need to upgrade the IS-Retail and FI-CAX components but i can only find IS-retail that i can select.I cant find FI-CAX compopnent.

For SAP-HR/EA-HR i have selected HCM.

Please guide how to proceed.

Regards

Abhishek