Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check sap web base

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new to ITS/sap web base.

How can I check from system , which type of web base application it is using , is it portal/ITS?

Message was edited by: ester johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

didnt really undersand the question. what i understand is that you have a webbased application from SAP system and you wanted to know whether this application is based on ITS or portal? is that right? if yes just post the url pattern of the application , through which we can find out .

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

your question was exactly of what i wanted to know.

If the url is: http://cisdsap9.men.maxis.com.my:50000/irj/portal

does this mean it is using portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ester,

The url suggests that it is a portal based login page that u are trying to access and this has got nothing to do with ITS.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijith,

supposed i want to make enhancement on PR's screen in sap R/3 , does that mean for the web base display, the screen will not be seen as per enhanced?

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is portal, but its just a holder of content, inside portal content could be coming from

java application/ITS/BSP/BW query, etc

Regards

Raja

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PR's screen in sap R/3?

is it SAPGUI screen? if you make any changes to it and if the transaction is shown inside portal using transaction iview than the changes would show automatically

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

from R/3 can i check the detail of its content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ester,

The url you have given will take you to the login page of portal.

As Raja said portal i scontent holder and provides role based access to the content.

So whatever content you want to show through portal the content should be in iView. This can be a transaction iView to directly see your r3 transactions or IAC iView if you have built internet service and published the same using ITS.

Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok Thanks guys !

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which contents? do you mean the contents of portal?

Regards

Raja