cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning for a CHARM Configuration to my Client. Need your valuable inputs here:

We do have a Sandbox SOLMAN system which is on EHP1 (ST400 - Patch level 23).

Coming to Managed Systems, those will be R/3 4.6C. Client can provide 2 managed sandbox systems (Basis Level 54).

My doubts follows:

--> Can we have all the functionalities with R/3 4.6C managed systems or do we have any restrictions connecting R/3 4.6C

--> As it is a TWO System Landscape, what will be the functonalities / advantages missing ?

Please confirm if the below are enough?

--> TMS configuration with Domain Links will be done first

--> RFC connections will be maintained and maintained in SMSY.

--> In SPRO, will run the Standard Configuration. Then create a Project "SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN"ps

Are the above steps sufficient? I did not find any document which explains about connecting R/3 systems, so please suggest if there are any good documents or blogs too..

Thank you in Advance.

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Coming to Managed Systems, those will be R/3 4.6C. Client can provide 2 managed sandbox systems (Basis Level 54).

My only concern would be the Basis patch level, there is a specific patch level you need to be, to have SDMJ working I think, I am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you Nayab and Invycktus.

I have already been to that blog and help.sap.com as you have suggested but couldnt find any information on Charm Configuration / working with Basis 4.6C... I aslo want to know the Pre-requisites / Minimum patch level required for Managed systems?

Could anyone please provide me the required information please?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please chek the notes

[Note 770693 - General note about Change Request Management 3.20|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0000770693&nlang=E]

[Note 907768 - General note for Change Request Management ST 400|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=907768]

seems its posible to work wit 4.6C as one of the system in charm landscape. hope you have higher level system as domain controller.

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Thank you very much.. I will be starting the configuration tomorrow. I will get back to you people and seek help if I face any issue during configuration...

Thanks for the info again

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To my understanding, your steps are right. All you need is to correctly configure the RFCs, making them trusting connections might what you have to play with.

For standard documentation, please refer to the link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/b3/64c33af662c514e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

For the complete blog regarding its configuration, there's a blog, recommended by many to start with the implementations and considerations, i.e. Blog : /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

Regards

Nayab

Edited by: Nayab Siddiqui on Jul 24, 2011 8:27 PM