K2 is dis aggregated based on K1.

a) K1 has following Values:

Aug2011

85>>Total

b) for K2 i input the value 84 at total level:

K2 distribution as follows:

Aug2011

84>>Total

When you count the details of (b) its still 85 but total is 84. Keyfigure accuracy is set as M in the Planning area.

We need exact distribution and we generally plan in small numbers.

If i change M to 0 accuracy, distribution to the lowest level may effect.

Please share your experience to overcome this sort of rounding problem when we forecast in small figures.

Thanks

Kanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For decimal places and rounding issues , there is one SAP OSS note as below.

SCM-APO-FCS 389760 Consulting: Decimal places

If not already, please have a look at this and this may give you good insight.

Regards

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The disaggregation of the data on planning book happens in liveCache.

As you may know, you always have 3 decimal places for the data in liveCache, which could not be changed.

So the calculation should be based on 3 decimal places.

84>>Total

20 = 20/85*84 = 19.765

10 = 10/85*84 = 9.882

30 = 30/85*84 = 29.647

25 = 25/85*84 = 24.706

if you adds these four values together, you'll get 84, which is correct.

But if you configure your planning book that decimal place is zero, you can only see the value to the nearest whole number.

That's why you see the above result.

You can configure the decimal places displayed on the planning book using the 'design' button.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanthck,

Well, you have said your current solution is unsatisfactory, but you haven't stated in your example how it should work. I will therefore assume that you wish to disaggregate KF2 to a higher precision, and you wish to display decimals for KF2..

First, ensure that you have not defined your KFs as integers in RSA1. For integers, more precision is not possible.

Second, ensure that the display in the Planning book View for the two KFs allows for enough display precision to support the number of decimal places that you want to see. Although this doesn't really affect disaggregation, the resulting display can make it look like there is an inconsistency. //sdp8b

Finally, ensure that when saving the book, that you can save to an adequate precision. Also //sdp8b, but against KF attributes in the book itself, instead of the view.

As a general rule of thumb, you try to design your book so as to avoid such issues. I like to set up disaggregatable KFs so that they tend to display at least two significant digits at the detail level, in all but the very smallest values. It is also possible in some cases to use a different U/M (smaller) that will allow enough significant digits to be managed at the detailed level.

Best Regards,

DB49