cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Production system is very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are facing performance issue in our PRD system.

To login the system , it takes quite some time ,also for running basic functionality transactions.

I checked the transaction ST02 and found that some buffers showed "red".Since this is PRD system , i cannot have a downtime for parameters to reflect changes.

In ST03n , i checked and found that the DIALOG response time was 1500ms.

Please note that we have around 16GB of RAM and about 65 users logged in at a time.

Also there are no "Long running jobs" scheduled rite now.

How can i troubleshoot this issue without having any "downtime"

Thank You.

regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Increasing the Size of SAP Buffers & Typical Size as

abap/Buffersize , zcsa/db_max_buftab , rtbb/max_tables & : rsdb/cua/buffersize

For more information about setting buffer sizes, see Typical Parameter Settings for SAP Buffers. See also SAP Note 0103747

Regards

Thomas

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Victor,

U can do one thing randomly take down parameters like

Logged On Users, Dialog Response Time, Avg Processsing Time,CPU Utilization , Extended Memory Utilization%, Heap Memory Utilization,Data Buffer Quality% , roll area and page size.

Make a note of abap programs especially zreports which are consuming more memory and using more dialog response time. Record this values atleast four times a day and at some time analyze it. u can find the reason easily and ur performance will become normally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

One thing you may want to do is try to isolate the cause of the issue. Have you tried watching the server itself to see if one specific process (DB maybe) is using up the CPU or memory? Have you reviewed disk usage to see if you might have an I/O issue?

If you could also provide the system type (Unix/Windows) that might help us provide you with a few more hints.

Thanks!

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

It's a general and hard matter.

As some colleagues has mentioned there are many factors for this slow.

For exemple I've had a problem with slow and it was cause the storage setup (LUN).

Sometimes it can be simple, you just schedule by db13 a statistics update and it solve the problem.

I've saw the slow performance be just a way which a employ explainf for your delay.

Isolate the problem...my tip too.

Regards,

Edinaldo Junior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Edinaldo Junior, Even we faced the performance issue before. Reason was Update Optimizer Statistic Job was not running due to unusable Index state. Please check in DB14, you can find database logs.

This Job should sheduled Every day before our business starts.

Thank You,

S.K.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't, If your performance issues are related to high number of swaps you need to tweak the parameters and restart your instance...

Having said that with the information provided it is impossible to make an objective suggestion on whats the root cause of your issues.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jaun,

Will you please let me know further , what other parameters/Tx do i need to check or analyze to find the root cause ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ST03n and ST02 are the main transaction to analize performance issues. If you have any suspition that the problem is hardware related then check ST06/OS06. But really you need to know how to read and digest the info.

Theres a whole 5 day course on SAP Workload Analysis specific to this.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check also if you have enough dialog processes. If you don't, you get very high response times because of high wait times to get a free process.

There is no definitive answer of what to check. You learn it by experience for your specific system.

After 12 years I still learn new things every day.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

Copying and pasting information without quoting the source is plagarism and its not allowed

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 21, 2011 1:26 PM