cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNOTE upload error- Data file of SAP Note is incomplete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have downloaded a series of pre-requisite OSS Notes. All of them uploaded successfully via SNOTE except one. I get the error 'data file of SAP Note is incomplete'.

I have tried downloading it again and then re- uploading it again via SNOTE.

Every time I get the same error. Other notes have been downloaded and uploaded in between attempts. So I know it is not a problem with our connections or my download basket.

Has anyone any ideas

We are on Netweaver 7.0 ERP EEC6

Thanks

Sue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue using Downloaded Manager where the Note size is always 1KB - this will not be work and gives above error when trying to apply manually via SNOTE.

To download the full note, from the SAP Note menu click 'Download'. Then from the confirmation screen click Download Basket or navigate to their from the SAP Support Portal menu (Software Downloads -> Download Basket).

Now from here click the SAP Note 'Description' hyperlink and you will be able to download the full SAP Note direct

Cheers

Gurch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton for your solution. This worked.

Is this a bug or something, this is not a right practice i believe. SAP recommends to download from download basket and then why such a work around. This ate 3 man-days of mine.

Anyways thanks again.

Regards,

Prithivi Raj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are downloading correction instructions manually from note then request you to please download using download manger. I have seen at many occasions in case of manually downloading corrections, it will work while you download it from download manager.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I was using Download Manager, as always

thanks

Sue

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try to download using snote only instead of manually download correction instructions ? If problem still come, the might be problem with the note only. Raise it to SAP.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to download it directly from SNOTE?... be helpful if you tell us the Note number aswell.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same issue with a manual download. I will raise it with SAP.

Thanks for the advice