cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing colour in Pie chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my scenario there is a Pie chart which shows the completion and pending of work in percentage. I have done this by creating a category and a series and the pie chart is getting displayed for completion and pending work in default colours. Now i want to customize these default colours, i need to display the completed status in Red and Pending status in green.

If this is possible please help me out in achieving this.

Thanks

Sarathy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pandi,

For changing the chart type, size, layout, color, shading and also creating the title for you Bussiness graphics you have to go for Customizing . Right Click the Bussiness Graphi UI and Choose Edit chstomizing .

and bind your customising id in the context .

Go through this..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ca932ebc-0901-0010-68a0-b4dd81a4b...

Also check this..

Cheers,

Kris.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarathy,

Is your issue solved, if not could you let me know the details about the context node that are bound to category, series and point. in the sense whether you are using the same context node for category and series or different.

If you are using simple series then I doubt whether you influence the color. With Series and Point its quite possible to influence the color.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saraa,

Yes i have found the solution for this. I have created a series and a point, for the Customizing property of the Point i have binded a attribute for which in run time i am assigning the Point1 or Point2(where Point1 is Red and Point2 is the Green).

I have one more doubt how to give Heading for this Chart. The heading should be translatable.

Please help me out in this.

Regards,

Sarathy.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarathy,

good to hear that you have solved the series color issue .

And regarding the translatable header, I doubt whether this can be achieved. instead of maintaining the header in the customizing xml, you can add new CAPTION UI element and maintain the header there.

BR, Saravanan.

PS. Don't post/club two different issues in one thread. Kindly create a new thread for new issue/clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created seperate UI for Header. Thank you Saravanan for you valuable advise. Still i have some other issue's, i will post a new thread for that.

Regards,

Sarathy.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as an alternative to customising, it is of course possible to just fiddle with series data that you pass in so that the right series gets the right colour.

The order of the colours stay the same always, so if you can change the order of the series that you put in, you can pretty easily get red, green and amber to display as you want them.

For some reason I've not had much luck with customising series colours for pie charts - so have gone with the changing of series order approach - it was just easier.

I guess I should have tried harder and got the customising right - but I just wanted it to work and quickly...