cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing SCM transactions using /n prefix vs executing from your favorites

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on the U.S. Navy ERP project. We are using ECC 5.0 and SCM 5.10. I would like to know why when manually entering the transaction code in the command line from the main menu in SCM I have to prefix the transaction code with /N otherwise I get the error message Transaction does not exist. If I try to create a favorite manually using insert transaction and input the transaction code using the /n prefix I get the error message transaction does not exist. If I go to the SAP menu tree and find the transaction it is not listed with the /N prefix.Any explanation as to why SCM doesn't recognize the transaction when entered in the command line without the /N and doesn't recognize the transaction with the /N when manually entered as a favorite would be greatly appreciated. l

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a good question and a basis expert may be in a position to explain more.

I understand that, in APO start screen since the transactions are not in the main SAP menu, we need to prefix the transaction with a /N ( for APO functionality related transactions) and also for other applications like EM, EWM, SNC etc.

Examples: /SAPAPO/SDP94

If we are at the main SAP menu, then we do not need to prefix the transaction with a /N.

Some of the basis related or generic transactions are placed on SAP Main menu.

Examples are as below:

SMQ1, SMQ2,SM37,SU01, SE38, S_AP9_75000094, LC10, ST06, SM50

For the above transactions you try, and you will notice that you do not require to prefix /N.

When we create the favorites , the transactions are placed on SAP main menu.

Therefore, we do not need to prefix /N.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datta, thank you. You are the first person that has been able to give me an actual answer to this question. We have numerous system integrators working with us on our implementation and not one of them could provide an acceptable answer. Thank again.

Answers (0)