cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RFC LookUp Parametrised Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using RFC Look function in message mapping and have defied import parameter as xyz of category adapter and type RFC to get a sinle value response from RFC.

After this, I created operation mapping. Now going for Parameter binding, it is not showing me any value i.e. parameter defined in message mapping is not displaying due to which i am not able to activate operation mapping, it is showing error as "Binding for Message Mapping MM_FILE is not correct. Parameter xyz of Message Mapping MM_FILE is missing"

I have checked various blogs on SDN but I am not able to figure out the mistake.

Kindly guide me out.

Reg,

NJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u chk this,....

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameterized-message-mappings

u have to define parameters under OM also...and then bind the parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i m following the same document...but it is not showing any parameter values in OM...

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nishu,

in operation you need type a name againasi the parameter XYZ.

XYZ----

ABC

and in configuration when you will use this operation mapping in interface determination then it will ask for the value of ABC.

so

suppose channel name---CC_TEST

So in Interface mapping you will assign

'

ABC=CC_TEST

So in Operation mapping you have assigned

XYZ=ABC

means XYZ=CC_TEST(beacuse ABC=CC_TEST)

Simple Math

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Debashish...I was not entering that value against parameter..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi in operation mapping you need to click on extreme right red arrow sign. So there you need bind the parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, it is not showing up any value against parameter xyz....rather there is a ? and it is showing message as "Cannot define binding for the message mapping parameter xyz as there are no corresponding operation mapping parameters. Create an operation mapping parameter with category Adapter and type Adapter Metadata RFC | http://sap.com/xi/XI/System (SAP BASIS 7.10) first"