cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data at the inspection lot result screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

I am a new QM consultant, so I have a question, if anyone could help me, I would be grateful to him.

The question is: I have maintained the quality management view at the material master data with inspection type 01 "Goods receipt from purchasing" & when receipting this material at the stock with a certain quantity upon a PO i.e: 100 kg. it goes to the quality inspection stock and an inspection lot is created automatically, but when going to the results screen of this inspection lot, I found at the inspect column the quantity is 1 not 100 which is the quantity that I have receipted, and when I go to the inspection lot, I found that the inspection lot quantity is 100 as received from the PO...........So I want the inspect column quantity to be also 100 as the received quantity in the PO.

Thanks for your time and support.

BR;

Mohammed Abdelrahman Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

Thanks for your replies. I found that when creating a goods receipt for a certain material at a certain storage location i.e: Storage location 0040, the inspect column contains all the receipted quantity, but when creating goods receipt at another storage location i.e: storage location 0030, the inspect column is always 1, So any one could help me to maintain this issue.

Thanks for your time, and sorry if I cause any kind of interruption.

BR;

Mohammad Abdelrahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

100% inspection check box at the material master is checked.

This setting is mainly used when you are not using the Task list/Inspection plan.

If you are using Inspection plan then define sampleing procedure against each MIC/inspec char

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the base quantity at operation level and the base sample quantity at characteristic level in inspection plan. Unit of measure also.

If the base quantity 100 of plan and inspection lot quantity 100, you will get 1 for inspect column.

If the unit kg of plan and lot quantity 1000g, you will get 1 also.

Regards

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand;

Thanks for your replay, but the point is that I don't use sampling procedure at inspection plans and the inspect column show the total amount receipt from a PO, so, I think it doesn't depend on the sampling procedure as long as the 100% inspection check box at the material master is checked.

Waiting for your replay

Thanks.........

BR;

Mohammad

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your characteristics in a plan specify a sampling procedure you are required to have one. if you don't have one, it can be defaulted in from config.

You should make sure any characteristics you use, have their control indicator for sampling procedures turned off.

SAP does not use the material master setting if a spec or plan specifies a sampling procedure. The settings in the material master are only used when no sampling procedures are used and are typically only used when you inspect by material spec only.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't specify a sampling procedure for the characteristics master data nor for the inspection plan.

Thanks for your replay.

BR;

Mohammad Abdelrahman

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad ,

Kindly excuse me, but I do have a confusion here!

As per your first post I think you want u201CInspectu201D column to display 100kg which is your lot quantity. In your second post you have mentioned that inspect column show the total amount receipt from a PO.

What exactly is being currently displayed in u201CInspectu201D column and what it should display? 1 or 100?

It is not necessary every time that your inspect column equals to your lot quantity. In fact it is possible only if either you use 100% sampling.

Another aspect is, if neither sampling procedure is mentioned in inspection plan nor 100% checkbox is ticked in material master then also system treats sample size as 100.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: The material has 2 units base unit and alternative unit...This is just a note if it is the cause of the problem.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

What you are experiencing is the standard behaviour of SAP.

Basically u201Cinspectu201D quantity is nothing but your sample size. Its calculation is done as per the sampling procedure attached to MIC in QP01. You might have attached FIXED1 sampling procedure. And hence inspect column shows 1.

If you want inspect column to display quantity equal to your lot quantity, then you must use 100% sampling inspection procedure. You use QDV1 transaction code for this. Assign this newly created sampling procedure to inspection plan through QP02.

If your inspect column becomes your lot size then those many times you need to key in the results.

Regards,

Anand Rao