Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService naming problem

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem regarding the naming of WebServices in the WAS. I need to know if i´m right in this:

1. When creating WebServices in the ABAP stack using the ABAP Workbench i can only develop WebServices who starts whith an "Z" or an "Y". I.ex. Y_GetCustomerName.

2. When developing WebServices on the JAVA Stack i´m free to call my WebServices anything i like i.ex GetCustomerName.

Could anyone confirm this two statements? I need to know because even though it seems to bee a small problem it´s in our organisation a big problem if we cannot name our WebServices as we like!

Regards

Jakob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it would be better to name the Services to the Projects, but thats up to some other folks... I just wanted to now if i could get out of the "Z" problem

Thank you for your answer!

Jakob

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i can reserve an Namespace, but it´s not enough... It´s not the "Z" who are the problem but rather that the Service should allways begin with the same string.

I need to develop services like:

GetCustomerName

CreateFinanceDocument

BlockCustomerAccount

I´m pretty sure that i cannot do it in the ABAP stack - but if i can do it the JAVA stack everything is fine for me - i just need a confirmation on that :-).

Jakob

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure about the second question, but for first question, yes you can only create objects in ABAP starting with Z or Y .

but if you really like to have your own namespace , you can apply for the same.

check this link for more on this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38decf4eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards

Raja

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Regarding second question In JAVA Stack you can give any name for Web service(virtual interface name) better to give which is related to the project. so that you can identify the web services easily after sometime.

Regards

Suresh