Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printserver location question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to print Smart Forms

We will have new SAP users in China.

The SAP system they will be using will remain in germany.

The chinese colleagues will print SAP Smart Forms on printers at their location.

We are thinking about where the printserver for their printers should be installed. In germany or in China.

A first test with one print job seems to indicate that the data from SAP to the print server is about 10% smaller

than the data that is being sent from the print server to the printer.

Has anyone done more substantial tests or can provide a recommendation for the location of that print server?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Has anyone done more substantial tests or can provide a recommendation for the location of that print server?

We have one central print server (based con CUPS) for all printer in all worldwide locations. Then you have only one server to worry about and you can mange all the printers on one machine.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

as we have also a  central cups server and we have now as requirement to print chinese. I would like to

print from SAP to cups.

But I didn't found any possibilities to print chinese from sap on CUPS.

Do you have any recommendation for me?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can continue using the same print server in Germany. And based on the spool queue and the number of spool request we can think about a new printer server for load .

We had single spool server holding for multiple location and the work timing differs,so I don`t think there would be a serious issue in printing.

Thanks ,

Ahamed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend installing the print servers in China because otherwise you might get connection problems between the printserver and the printer