cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

measuring memory consumption of mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there any way to measure memory usage for any single mapping, preferably JAVA mappings? For example I have a lot of such ones and I want to make the graphs of dependencies between input data size, output data size, memory usage and mapping time.

Mapping time is very easy to detect, both sizes too, but how to measure the consumption of SINGLE object not for whole J2EE server but only for this AbstractTransformation-dependent class.

Iliya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl refer the blog, might give you some info...

/people/keerti.nayak/blog/2007/03/05/solving-145out-of-memory146-problem-150-using-jnlp

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be clear, the question is: "How to DETECT memory consumption in bytes of SINGLE MAPPING". Times, sizes are easy to detect.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi IIiya,

You can see heap dump throug memory analyzer

and through you can see the the memory eaters

You can refer this DOc

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/JavaMemoryAnalysis

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/DownloadtheSAPNetweaverenhancementsfortheEclipseMemory+Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check this from RWB-> Performance Monitoring-> Extended Search, here you can give your specfic interface details to see size,processing time e.t.c

Cheers

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've googled there is "Instrumentation" interface which addresses these goals, so probably it can help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Debashish, but Eclipse MAT is not automatic tool so it requires manual heap dumps collection. I want to collect information for memory usage fully automatically for all the mappings. Sorry if I haven't so specific in starting message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Veeranjaneyulu, I haven't found "Memory usage" column in PMI. Only some "Data size" which is probably source message size.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mapping time you see in performance header in sxmb_moni