cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer to be mapped in APO DP Promotion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If any body have come across this below scenario.

I need to promote My Product (suppose colgate paste) in the market.

For Ex: I want to sell colgate paste of 100 Gms with Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer.

Currently this 100gm pack is in single box ,now i need to pack two 100 gm colgate paste in one box and want to sell this new box in the market for a particular period.

How i will come to know that when i promote Colgate of single 100gm ,system will automatically promote box of two Colgate of 100gm.

How to set up this in APO DP Promotion? Can we use Bom functionality in promotion?

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Jaiprakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaiprakash,

We had modeled the scenario of a complex packed SKUs( consisting of two same or other finished SKUs) with the help of DP BOM functionality.

The complex packed SKU will have a different SKU no. in system and will consists of same or other finished SKUs.

Promotions planning was done with a seperately created KF and loading promotions to the planning area. These promotions will then add to the baseline stastical forecast calculated.

Therefore for the normal Finished SKUs there will be two types of demands in all, depedent demands and independent demands.

Forecasting will be run for complex SKU also and the normal finished SKUs also.

regards

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks For the reply.

I have created this scenario,but i am stuck with the PPM issue,

When i execute the forecast in normal SKU,i do not see the forecast created automatically on complex SKU.

using BOM functionality

I think the BOM is not exploded for normal SKU.

I have created PPM with usage D for Normal SKU and maintained Normal SKU as output and Complex SKU as Input,Also created SNP PPM for complex SKU as well.

I go to /sapapo/mc62,and select BOM information and enter details which is OK,and then i go to DP PPM/PDS selection and there when i try to create DP BOM ,system does not find my create DP PPM.

And where do we maintain the qty as 1:2 ratio? (ex :for 1 normal SKU ,i need two complex SKU)

Please let me know whether i am correct or doing something wrong here.

Jaiprakash

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaiprakash,

The detailed Scenario on DP BOM is clearly explained in the following article.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/3076f107-8ea6-2b10-34b6-9cd5b411d34f

Please check the following conditions,

1. Please see your MPOS supports DPBOM functionality (DP BOM check box in MPOS). You can see additional standard characteristics supporting DP BOM in MPOS like 9ABOMID, 9APPMNAME, 9ABOMIO.

2. Create the CVC for your BOM header material. Then do the function 'Add BOM details'. this will add the component CVC automatically.

3. In the planning area set the Promotion key figure(401) and the Dependent Demand key figure(501) semantics accordingly

4. So, whenever there is a value entered in the promotion KF, the dependent demand KF will be automatically updated.

Please try and revert with your observations,

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.

Please let me know how i should proceed to create this scenario.

Could you please tell me what steps i should follow to configure this in DP to create the scenario.

i will reward you full points if the scenario is successfully created.

Await your inputs on this issue.

Jaiprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaiprakash,

For modeling the scenario the way I described, you will have check with ERP team to first find out, as to how complex SKUs are mapped currently. This is because master data is driven by SAP ECC/ R/3 systems into APO and also the input transaction data (e.g. Sales history) will be extracted finally through the SAP ECC / R/3 system.

Forecasting with DP BOM

In APO DP BOM can be created by PPM or PDS functionality and PPM will be simpler to create.

Process flow for forecasting with DP BOM is as given in the SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp01/helpdata/en/4b/dc5d8fa3e1403595b5786f57142529/frameset.htm

Please note that sales history will be extracted from ECC/ BW for complex SKUs and also for the normal Finished SKUs.

We have not used standard promotion planning functionality with DP BOM. We used a key figure to load the promotions and macros to do additions to the baseline forecasts created.

You need to create an additional key figure or use any available one for loading promotions from an info cube to planning area.

Final demand plan will be calculated by macros to additions to baseline forecasts of promotions and marketing intelligence if any.

You need PPMs for the complex SKUs in SNP/PPDS also. There will be separate packing and processing facility for making complex SKUs from simple SKUs.

Demand plan will be released to SNP, for both complex SKUs and simple SKUs.

SNP heuristics will create the supply plan and for short term, PPDS plans need to be created by converting SNP plans.

There is possibility of subcontracting process for the complex SKUs and this also can be mapped.

Regards

Datta