cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performence concerns on my big interactive form?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing an VISITOR Adobe Interactive Form with Java script, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP)

Pls. let me know the tips to get a better performence, i knew one tip is that, we need limit the drop-down entries in the form and other tip i knew that COMPACT the form as much as possible (remove all the unnecessory space between fields, sections, margins etc)

Pls. let me know other tips to get a better performence of my interactive form (it has 50 drop-down fields + 150 text fields)

Any SAP OSS notes?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ui?rid=/library/uuid/d0521f69-a08f-2e10-4b89-8bfbc0cfef22

Please go through above article. It has many tips especially concerning dropdowns. Since you have 50 drop downs

check if it is possible to hard code them and download them every time.

Thanks,

Aravind

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to reduce the size of the form is to reduce the data by filtering, based on some conditions.

But in case its not possible to restrict the data and form grows more in size, then you can create cache of the form on the server and whenever there is an update in data to be downloaded in the form, the form gets updated automatically in the cache.

Basically the copy of the form remains in the server cache. And this copy is replaced by a new one for any update in form data.

In this way you can reduce the time the server takes to generate the form. Whenever there is a new copy of the form available for your application the form will be generated and rest of the time same copy will be downloaded taking much lesser time.

There is one disadvantage with this method that the copy of the form will be there in the server cache. However it is helpful in most of the scenarios.

So to achieve this you can go to form properties in the designer in SFP., go to performance tab and select "Allow form rendering to be cached on the server".

Regards,

Vaibhav