Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining multiple inports in OVP floorplan

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

seems to me that you cannot define multiple inports for a single UIBB in the OVP wiring model.

Is this correct? Does anyone have any experience in building/using any solution where multiple inports have been used?

Only way I could see currently is some sort of component level sharing (contextual or singleton) to pass data between seperate UIBBs.

Would be very interested to be able to have multiple inports, but can't figure out how to do it.

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I haven't used eph2/FPM_OVP_COMPONENT so I cant say confidentaly that my proposal will work. may be you can evaluate this

1. if two different inports are required at the window level of the UIBB, then you can create two windows and embedd them accordingly in the configuration

2. if two differnt inports are required at view level, then you can create two outports in window and create navigation link between window's out port to view's inport. In the Default inport event handler you can fire the outport accordingly

if my suggestion is out of the context then my apologies.

BR, Saravanan

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Unfortunately inports are defined at the component level (via requirement for component to implement WDA interface IF_FPM_UIBB_MODEL ) this implements method GET_MODEL_API - when this is called it seems there is no reference to which window/UIBB is being called - so having two windows on the same component doesn't allow for two inports - as only one handler ( IF_FPM_FEEDER_MODEL ) can be defined/returned per instance of a component. Within that class interface the method GET_INPORT_KEY only seems to allow for the definition of one inport.

Even in the OVP config if you try to map multiple wires to a single inport you get a warning message. (I guess if you enabled/disabled different UIBBS/wires in the floorplan dynamically, then this would make sense rather than an error).

I'm thinking that it is a design limitation of the solution - but would love to hear from someone who has direct experience of using multiple inports.

From prior discussions with @thomas_jung I'm thinking that OVP is really designed for quite tightly coupled solutions rather than loosely coupled reusable components. It seems that is more the domain of CHIPs.

Unfortunately in the use case I have, I need to move from page to page, rather than just keeping all the objects on the same page - so CHIPs wouldn't appear to work.

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (0)