Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual lots cannot be used for origin 15

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I throught we can create manual lot @ QA01 for origin 15. I am trying to create inspection lot manually at QA01 for origin 15 and I'm getting following error message. I would be wonder if you can help me resolve this error.

Manual lots cannot be used for origin 15Message no. QA282

Diagnosis

The origins 10, 11 12 and 13 can only be used for automatically created inspection lots, for example, a delivery note with or without reference to a sales order.

System Response

It is not possible to create a manual inspection lot with the origin 15.

Procedure

Either choose a different inspection lot origin or create an inspection lot, for example, using a delivery note or a production version.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An inspection lot for physical sample can be created through transaction QPR5, not QA01.

Regards

Luke

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

okay I am able to create inspection lot for physical sample with help of QPR5 transaction, but as you know this lot is not stock managed.

Now when I recieved my inspection lot from production based on sample drawinf proc system put 3 reserve sample in blocked status in same storage location after stock posting. So 3 qty in blockd.

Now when I am creating insp lot for physical sample system does not remove my lot qty from stock what is procedure for that in system?

I have 3 qty in reserve but I want to create lot for 1 qty only, but system create insp lot for qty 3. Can I create lot for 1 qty with insp type 15?

How to manage physical sample stock? is there any std report or do I need to develop with help of ABAPer?

Reply highly appreciated.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree to what Mr.Luke has repleid to you . However incase you still want to main stock you can do this way

1. Keep the material in Quality stock by removing the qty in sample in stock posting while doing UD

2. This Sample stock will appear in Quality stock to be posted .

3. Incase you want to test these sample later you can post the consumption in sample stock

Or you can post these to reserve stock and then later post these to sample as you consume

Deepak

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will post stock in block and use trx MB1A to deduct sample stock.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Posting to reserve is almost same with posting to blocked stock, but difference is pre-defined storage location or not.

Anyway..

The concept of sample management corresponds with your business process.

But SAP does not support the functionality for stock control in sample management.

Let me explain common business process in my experience.

1.Inspection plan

- Sample-drawing procedure in header level

- Destructive inspection & required char. in control indicator of characteristic

- Sampling procedure has inspection point as sample management

2.Final inspection for product > inspection type '04'

- Physical sample master is created automatically

- Sample quantity is automatically post to sample (means goods issue to cost center) when usage decision because destructive inspection

- Then QM use the physical sample master for control of sample location, further inspection, and so on. But no stock because already debited.

3.Further inspection for sample > inspection type '15'

If you don't want sample quantity debited when UD, I think you have to develop something or design manual process for stock control.

Regards

Luke

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now when I recieved my inspection lot from production based on sample drawinf proc system put 3 reserve sample in blocked status in same storage location after stock posting. So 3 qty in blockd.

As I understand you recieved an inspection lot with type '04' and put 3 into blocked stock when usage decision.

System would generate a physical sample automatically when an inspection lot was created.

But as you know the blocked stock 3 is not related with physical sample, it is just stock posting by UD.

Now when I am creating insp lot for physical sample system does not remove my lot qty from stock what is procedure for that in system?

Because the concept of sample management does not need control of stock, it is based on concept of LIMS.

Therefore you have to transfer stock manually.

If possible, I want to know your business process.

It seems that the sample management does not fit your requirement.

Regards

Luke

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I put 3 qty in resrve, which system automatically put in block stock.

We do inspection for FG product and we keep 3 qty in retain from each order (batch), which we use for future inspection in case of batch recall or cutomer complaint. Are you still think I should not use physical sample concept?

FYI - We are in US-FDA environment.

Edited by: Tom_Eric on Jul 22, 2011 7:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use T code QPR1 Create physical sample

QA01 can not be used

refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/352175448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm