cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to SAP GRC Tool to monitor compliance & automatic provisioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Not sure if this would be the right forum to ask this but surely there exist tools in the market which are viable alternatives to the SAP GRC Tool. We are a large semiconductor firm and currently manage role assignments, user provisioning and auditing manually.It is a huge cost overhead and is labor intensive.

Looking at possible alternatives?

SAP GRC Tool is a strong contender but I am trying to weigh in other options with it and their comparisons.

To your minds, what would be the biggest advantage of implementing GRC versus any other third party tool? What is the distinctive edge it provides? This is also to help me build a strong business for pushing GRC to the management.

Appreciate any thougts/ideas/suggestions, at the earliest!! Much appreciated.

-Tan

Edited by: Tania Nijhawan on Jul 21, 2011 2:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are a number of tools which operate in this area. I'm sure that the mods would have something to say if they were all listed out here but it is fair to say that they all have their plus points and their detractors.

I have not found one that can integrate as fully as SAP's own GRC product offerings and that is it's major strength. While others might be comparable in the core competence of Access Risk Reporting, it is the additional features and integration which marks out GRC.

I'd be happy to discuss the various products in further detail if it is of use to you.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

GRC is a convenient grouping of solutions that have been developed and acquired over time. There are pros and cons in every application and no one can say that SAP GRC is 100% best and un comparable with any other compliance product in the market.

But, I can strongly say that GRC gels well with all the SAP flavours such as ECC and BI, and it is easy to implement, incorporate, and manage.

With the introduction of GRC 10, SAP is looking at more features and easy to manage compliance solutions. I bet you can't get A to B product comparision anywhere. I rather suggest you to look at the top ten features and advantages in different products in terms of deployment, adaptability, user friendlyness etc., and opt for the right one.

Regards,

Raghu